Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster

Valentino Rossi went from challenging for his best dry weather result of 2012 to finishing in a disastrous 13th after he suffered a major rear tyre failure in Assen. Rossi was locked in a battle for fifth position with Nicky Hayden and Hector Barbera when his factory Ducati GP12 developed an early vibration from his hard compound Bridgestone rear tyre. The problem...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 July 2012 08:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Careful who you blame!

Come on Paris, Ducati fans have been so deflated for 18 months now, six weeks in traction being fed through a tube and crapping in a tin pan would be something to look forward to!

I'm not gonna argue about bridgestone and how they are being made look bad by DORNA and what it's doing for the racing, but the day Stoner decides to use a 'soft' on a dry track, then EVERYONE should take a bit more notice of what he's saying about the tyres and their suitability for the series.

Sure, you can blame styles and setup, but the tyre should be able to contain all but the most radical of these. Anytime this happens you got to question Ezpeletas motivation for the change.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Bob

Bob> Sure, you can blame styles and setup, but the tyre should be able to contain all but the most radical of these. Anytime this happens you got to question Ezpeletas motivation for the change.

Do you, or anyone, know if Dorna had/still have financial connections to Bridgestone, if so this points to why Bridgestone and definitely not any other tyre manufacturer. For me, all the ruling bodies are untrustworthy around MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Bob Casey had to use the soft tyre because he couldn't make the hard work, he had no fucking idea the compound(not the new construction) was going to disintegrate in the race..

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Yeah mate!

Rossi has been contracted to Bridestone as their 'Motorcycle Tyre Development Advisor' since around March last year. As Ezpeleta is Flo's unofficial manager, that's close enough for me!

Hugey, you are one ignorant motherfucker but at least you're consistent! Unfortunately, all facts point to you being in possession of half the facts... to go with your half a fkn clue!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

There's clearly something badly wrong when soft (strictly medium) tyres are lasting longer than hards. I've heard some comment that if riders were doing race simulations in practice they would have known there was a problem with the hard tyres, but for me when dealing with a control tyre the riders should be able to expect consistent behaviour. That includes a hard tyre lasting longer than a soft. Oh and while we're at there is no new compound. Bridgestone changed the CONSTRUCTION of the front tyre, not the compound. And yes it was only the front. So the tyre changes should not affect the rears at all.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Too funny

"Rossi has been contracted to Bridestone as their 'Motorcycle Tyre Development Advisor'"

I'd knew he was on the Bridgestone payroll, but I just assumed it was for promotion.

So not only has he developed the Ducati from race winner to CRT fighter, he's gone and fucked the tyres too.

Hahahahaha.  What a corrupt joke this sport is devolving to.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Bridgestone get a grip ffs you still have not learned your lesson of last year Jerez wet race.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Rossi s role at bs is pure road tyre marketing.Bob has a much stronger association with the achronym bs.

Reply to this Topic
deeplycynicalman

Feb 12

notquiteleaning

Hugelean... what a complete Penis. But, at least if you have to waste a few seconds of your pathetic blinkered life reading this comment, it's all worth while. Where else can you get a lifetime guaranteed set of spanners for nothing?? No Lean required!!!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

FFS

It really is turning in to formula 1 ....All we talk about is tyres, BS11 has tyre issues VR has tyre issues, other DP even said he was strugglig.............Dorna.....sort it out or watch the ticket sales dive.......

FFS We've even got VR doing a pit stop.........please letss not introduce these.......this is the reason i never watch F1......

feel sorry for lorenzo tho........racing incident....AB should'nt have been punished.......again its all politics........

Really pissed with Motogp at mo.....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices