Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster

Valentino Rossi went from challenging for his best dry weather result of 2012 to finishing in a disastrous 13th after he suffered a major rear tyre failure in Assen. Rossi was locked in a battle for fifth position with Nicky Hayden and Hector Barbera when his factory Ducati GP12 developed an early vibration from his hard compound Bridgestone rear tyre. The problem...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 July 2012 08:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

really hedgey?? Casey complains he lost a couple of 10ths because his tyre was destroyed????, Rossi has a tyre full of holes that was plain for all to see. The difference being Casey had no hard evidence to all intents and purposes looks like he's making an excuse for just finishing 2nd when he had done the same the previous two races and Rossi's tyre caused BS severe embarassment because it was visibly such a mess. Like when you watch those hospital shows and you;ve a guy with a bone sticking through his leg and he's acting the same as someone who's gone in with a sore ankle but can walk on it ok.. The reality is that If Casesy tyre had been like Rossis this site and honda would be screaming blue fucking murder and asking for th erules to be changed to suit them as penance, as it is we've got some loons saying caseys tyre was just as bad.. fuck me..

Reply to this Topic
filly46

May 12

filly46 says:

motoking

well at least weve discovered who the biggest prick is on this forum!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Huglean...

Don't think anyone said Casey's tyre chunked... you could see it didn't... :blink:

He did complain of a dud tyre though citing BS's quality control... no-one listened (in fact quite a few ridiculed him) & now look... 2 weeks on & they're all at it with good reason... Stoner wasn't crying wolf. Perhaps if he'd had more support BS would have begun their Quality Control investigation 2 weeks earlier & the rider's effected wouldn't have had their races ruined... perhaps not... either way, he won, so he's laughing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Yeah, I'm with "Team Orange knickers" on this one..

There was fuck all wrong with Rossi's tyre... Merely a scratch on the bloody thing!! He should have just ridden on without moaning just like Casey does... You won't hear Stoner whining about tyres, oh no... Not Casey!!

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Again

@hugelean - "Rossi has a tyre full of holes that was plain for all to see."

Clearly poor tyre management.  Of all riders, he should know they're gimped - he's Bridgestone's 'Motorcycle Tyre Development Adviser'.  They're his turds!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Benny

According to reports from Bridgestone thirteen of the twenty riders chose the softer tyre. So how is seven out of twenty "most"?  But, yes, it was the harder of the two tyres that suffered problems, ie the tyre chosen by the minority of riders. 

In a way it was a shame that all the riders didn't choose the harder tyre. If more riders had suffered such serious tyre issues then Bridgestone would have been under more pressure to sort it out.

As it stands only two riders seemed to suffer serious tyre issues, unless any of the falls were also down to disintegrating tyres. But that's still almost 30 percent of the riders on the harder tyre, not a good failure rate.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Rear Tyre

I am really interested to hear from BS regarding the failure of the rear tyres. 

Unbelievable the chunks that were missing from the tyres. 

I want to know where the tyres are made, what went wrong and why. It is a massively embarrassing fuck up by BS. If BS can't get the Motogp tyres right what standard do we as riders get for Road & Track. 

Quick poll: 

Do you use BS, if yes are you considering changing? 

Does this put you off considering using BS for you next tyre choice?

I tell you this definitely freaks the fuck out of me but then again tyres always worry me.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

@parris - Dont' make Rossi sad. Buy Bridgestone

"Quick poll: "

"Does this put you off considering using BS for you next tyre choice?"

You might want to add as the following question ...

"Are you aware that Rossi is Bridgestone's 'Motorcycle Tyre Development Adviser' and does that change your answer to the previous question?"

May I remind you that your job as a Rossi fan is to buy Bridgestone so Rossi can get more money on his next contract with them.  You're free to acknowledge their faults when they stop paying him or when he starts criticising them (which unsurprisingly hasn't happened yet).  Thank you.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Testu

I was just asking about the BS tyres. Man you make more press for Rossi than a hundred of his biggest fans. This is to say that you generate more money for him than most fans. Craze no, considering you come across as being obsessively opposed to Rossi. Anyway for me as usual I am mainly interested in the racing. I come here cause there are some pretty clued up people providing interesting points/insights and links to stuff I miss on my own.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Just sayin'

That Rossi wouldn't want you to be questioning the safety of the Bridgestone - you should be embracing their Rossi-endorsed personality.  He'll let you know when it's okay to criticise them and your previous post was borderline anti-Rossi.  Be careful, buster.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle