Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi 13th after rear tyre disaster

Valentino Rossi went from challenging for his best dry weather result of 2012 to finishing in a disastrous 13th after he suffered a major rear tyre failure in Assen. Rossi was locked in a battle for fifth position with Nicky Hayden and Hector Barbera when his factory Ducati GP12 developed an early vibration from his hard compound Bridgestone rear tyre. The problem...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 July 2012 08:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Ado about nothing

Actually, Rossi was brought on board by BS back in 2009 after his stupendous trouncing of Stoner that year earlier which was 2008 (wow), which was Lorenzo's rookie year.

Nothing wrong with Bridgestone other than bowing down to whichever way the wind blows strongest.

Rather than hate on Bridgestone,they should be embraced.

Those are the options,thats how many you get and make use of them as you please.

AUSTERITY ! Eh ?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Bring the tyre war back and see how it fairs.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Bridgestone tyres

I use them on my bandit, and swear by them.....But there totally different tyres to the ones on the track.

So no....it does'nt put me off, i just wonder why we try to fix something that aint broke.

Last year there was a 10th of the complaints by all riders aout the tyres than there is this year.

It was actually for Honda why they tried to make this new tyre...so don't give me the bullshit about rossi been an adviser...

To me you make soft qualifying tyres and hard compound race tyres....That's it....??

P.S Prince of repsol......Something needed changing on the bike so an alloy frame was the on ly choice.

Ducati been the stubborn feckers they are were never gonna sling a trelles frame back in it...!

Although that now would seem a good idea...as that was the bike at it's most successful...

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Benny....

lol.....I asure you there are no chicken strips on my bridgestones.....But i use the hard compound one's 020

Or are they 021's now....Anyway.....it's all bollox about soft tyres on the roads....hence why so many accidents are marked under the 'failure to negociate corner' catagory.....

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

As usual Benny you are misquoting to try to prove your point. Everybody is capable of pointing their browser at http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Bridgestone+to+review+tyres+after+Assen where they will find that the actual quote from Shinichi Yamashita is: "Today’s Dutch TT saw warm track temperatures and the race was run at a good pace with all riders selecting the harder front slick, while all but seven riders selected the softer slick option for the rear." See that? Softer. It's not just one word either, you added "as well" completely off your own bat. If you're going to troll don't make stuff up that anybody can check.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

So what we have here is two different sources. The MotoGP site and Superbikeplanet disagree. Personally I'll go with the official MotoGP site if you don't mind. You can go with a US site if you like, but I'll stick with the official MotoGP site for my information if you like. Oh and as for my silence, unlike some I don't just sit in front of my computer all the time but actually have a real life too. While you were making three consecutive posts I was out at a meeting. Sorry and all that.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

parris

Anyone that buys tyres for the road based on how they go in a motorcycle race is a manipulatable idiot. Actually, the same goes for motorcycle brands (or models), or advertised beers, oils, cars, helmets etc etc etc etc. If tyres (or anything so important to safety) is shown to have quality issues in the real world it is soon recalled.  For the record I currently have no bridgestones but they're always considered. On the dirt bike I started using dunlops, and on the road bike I wanted a more neutral profile but it comes down the the individual model tyre and how it performs on the particular model bike. 

The rubber, the profile, how they wrap around your bikes rim, the bikes weight, you're preference and riding style all impact how they perform and wear and are what determine selection - I'd be worried if anyone bought based on a motorcycle race but I guess some must because they wouldn't advertise otherwise. The same tyre on our two different road bikes wear entirely differently such that one that works great on the VTR wears away too quick on the edges on the VFR ansd scollops easy(even with lots of commuting).  (And re chicken strips - you look like a twat if you wank on about them - for similar reasons.)

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What's the issue here?

Who cares which report said what. It's plain to see from TV

The tyres aren't consistent, Bridgestone need to do something about it. It's wrecking racing at its highest level and stopping the best riders in the world doing what they are paid to do - race hard over a full race distance. It's only 40 minutes ffs.

Lumps coming out of tyres this race

Edges blistering and tearing up in Sikverstone after 5 laps

Unacceptable.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Assen a real issue no doubt quality control and needs fixing. Silver stone was all rider error, they got used to tyres never going off and in their search for an explanation, other than themselves, they forgot to factor in the new tyres wear when you hammer them. Hence casey no issues with wear at assen now he's figured it out. Rossi for the umpteenth time has a pure marketing agreement with bs. No doubt because bs think his detractors are hardly likely to buy enough tyres to worry a gnat.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hugelean

You honestly think Stoner wasn't pushing it at Assen you're in cuckoo land, the bike was sliding all over the place - as per normal

At Silverstone, Spies did long runs on the tyre with no issues. They hammer them in practise too, as that is the whole point. The one he used in the race shredded after 5 laps. I'd say that was down to inconsistency in tyre manufacture rather than a rider understanding the tyre.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices