You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > YBR125 engine light

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

liamalucien

Jul 12

liamalucien says:

YBR125 engine light

So, I rode my 2010 Yamaha YBR125 upto Cambridge City and back from London and about 3 1/4s of the way, I stopped at the lights and all of a sudden my engine light came on. 

I did think wth! But as soon as I put it into 1st to pull away the light went out and didn't come back on till I pulled up in my drive to park.
I thought it might be because I was full throttling it pretty much all the way home at a whopping 60mph, so I turned it off and let it cool for a few hours.
while it was cooling I checked the manual which said the light could indicate a fault in the electrics managing the engine etc, which I was a little relieved at as I thought the engine itself might be damaged.
I went out to the bike later and checked the oil, it was fine, then turned the ignition and the engine light dine its usual check then went out. I then pressed the started. The engine turned over, then died! The light came on Nooo! I tried it again and again, nothing, so I tried rocking the bike and hitting the starter which actually worked and the bike started. I rode it forward a little and it seemed fine, but the light stayed on, so I parked it and turned the engine off.
I am going to take it in for a service and check up but was wondering if you guys had any ideas what might be wrong or if anyone has experienced similar?

Check out my helmet cam Vlog!
http://youtu.be/SMAWaxmwd6o

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 July 2012 00:02)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Not familiar with your bike

but does your bike have a fault code / diagnostic code as well as the engine light? What mileage is on it?

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Engine management light

This could be as simple as a duff battery. I had difficulty following the thread of your information, but it reads that the bike started on the button, then cut out, then wouldn't turn over on the button. After you left it for a while it started on the button again. Sounds like your battery is dying and needs replacing. Does your model have a kickstarter? If yes, when it won't start on the button can you start it with the kickstarter?:blink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle