Skip to content

Discuss This Lorenzo boss: Alvaro Bautista’s punishment justified MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Lorenzo boss: Alvaro Bautista’s punishment justified

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Lorenzo boss: Alvaro Bautista’s punishment justified

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha team boss Wilco Zeelenberg believes the decision to relegate Alvaro Bautista to the back of the grid for this weekend’s German Grand Prix is fully justified. Bautista was given the grid penalty having been found guilty by Race Direction of riding in an irresponsible manner after he wiped out Lorenzo in a controversial collision at the first...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 July 2012 13:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

To compare it with

the Stoner /Rossi accident of last year is to really show a lack of understanding of racing in general and particularly bike racing. 

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

BULLS**T

This is a travesty putting poor old alvaro to the back of the grid, it was a racing incedent.

As if he wanted to crash after his superb rides this season.

God love him.....if it was Marco Simoncelli there would have been no punshment...because he was the people person.

And it would have been a massive uproar....i'de have led it..lol

But cause it's quiet man Alvaro he gets punished...it's bollox

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

yeah but....

BB   you gotta admit....it benefits neither of them rolling around on the ground....so its fair to say....it was rash but not intentional......You know im a VR fan....but he avoided punishment....again cause of who he is....

Im an AB19 fan and feel he's been really hard done by....DP on NH in 06...that went unpunished from what i remember..??

I mean i want JLo to win so CS does'nt...but fairs fair..!!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

MMM

I would just say its not in his nature to do such a thing......and who is benefiting from the punishment at next round...???

I hope he gets a belting start and storms through to a podium....that'll be poetic justice...lol

Reply to this Topic
ducremus52

Jan 12

ducremus52 says:

I know!

Let's have AB crash 4 or 5 more times, take out 3-4 other riders, then in his last race ever, kill himself with yet another boneheaded stunt, then we'll make him a hero, loved by all! Absolute BS! Oh yeah, and VR, as great a rider as he is, is a cheater, and the PTB let him get away with it time and again. He's taken out Stoner twice, and Gibernau once, all reckless and against the rules, and he skates away, free as a bird. Yeah, I don't blame Casey at all....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Jerez 2005 when Rossi punted Gibernau off track on the last lap.

Reply to this Topic
hobes

Mar 09

hobes says:

The scales of justice in this increasingly farce of motorsport is akin to a kangaroo court, AB did a bonehead/accidental move and is now at the back of the grid admist CRT bikes, that is just tempting a crash into first corner again, maybe he should be last real motogp bike. Honestly unless there are new riders and real GP bikes introduced next year I may just watch WSBK instead of this joke of a sport. With CS leaving is their really any point watching one or maybe two riders attempt to push the envelope like MOTOGP should be.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Deja vu all over again

"It was a complete brain out lunge from nowhere on the first corner of the first lap."

Yes.  Just like Rossi's start in Qatar 2011 (the race before the infamous Jerez incident).  From 9th on the grid, Rossi came up the inside and completely overshot the corner.  Fortunately for the others, there was a gap between 1st and 2nd (Pedrosa and Stoner) where Rossi was able to go through instead of t-boning or wiping someone out like he did in the next race.

"Rossi on Casey was in the wet."

But Rossi knew that and that's why his move was as bone-headed as Alvaro's.  100% his fault, no question.  The two accidents are uncannily similar in cause and effect, so it's understandable if Alvaro feels that he should get the same punishment.

The penalty system needs to be more transparent and less discretionary, IMO.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

de ja vu

last year marco took him out??? maybe the place doesn't like lorenzo so he'll never stick lorenzo land flag there. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

But Rossi can cannonball Stoner and get away with it, Wilco.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices