Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden unsure Cal Crutchlow’s style will suit Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden unsure Cal Crutchlow’s style will suit Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden unsure Cal Crutchlow’s style will suit Ducati

Nicky Hayden says he is not convinced that Cal Crutchlow’s aggressive and all-action riding style will match with Ducati’s factory Desmosedici like some people have predicted. Crutchlow himself has spoken of the fact that his riding style is similar to that of reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner, who remains the only rider to master the Ducati after he won the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 July 2012 12:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

LOL

Well of course he says that , even if he's right , hes just saving his berth

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Riding Styles

One one hand he says Cal isn't like Stoner because he is aggressive on the bike, when he watched Stoner on the Ducati he was smooth and let the bike move around, people only think you need to be aggressive with it

Then he says Cal will suit the Ducati because he is aggressive and that is what the Ducati needs in order to heat the tyres.

Sometimes I think there is far too much bullshit analysis about riding styles

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Mad

Personally, I think Cal would be mad to go to Ducati. Hayden is one of the most agressive riders out there and proved this when he won the title (and lets not forget the fact that Nicky is an ex champ).

If he cannot get the Ducati to work then Cal wont either. If Cal is looking at the title it wont happen on a Ducati.

If he is looking to ride for 4th or 5th places then Ducati will suffice but he may as well stay with T3 to achieve that. At least he may get the odd podium with the T3.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

You don't sign with ducati to get results

Its pretty simple. He only goes to ducati for the money. None of his fans want him to go to ducati unless its in Cals interest to bank some money. He stays at Yamaha to get results. Most fans including me want him to stay competitive. The only difference is I understand that he needs to make some money during his career and this might be his best chance to pull in the big bucks for a while.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

If Cal is looking at the title it wont happen on a Ducati.

Unlikely to happen whatever he's riding in all honesty. I believe he'll go to Ducati, but he'll go there even happier should the new engine show promise. Take the ride Cal and enjoy being a factory rider and all the trappings it brings.

Nicky say's Cal's style won't suit. Vale (recently) say's it will. Take your pick.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

if Cal is looking at the title it wont happen on a Ducati!!! what title would he be looking at? it aint motogp is it? ffs iv'e got more chance of being world champ than cal (well maybe not but you know what i mean), only a totally deluded fan would believe with the depth of talent out there that cal could be world champion, I personally would rate dovi above cal as the most likely to get the yam works ride,and he had 3 yrs on a works honda and and got sacked! I reckon johnny rea is and would be faster, don't think im a cal basher im not he's done great this year but them yams aren't hard to ride are they

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

The Ducati is a career killer. The only master was Casey and Vale has been brought down to earth with a bang. Until they sort the chassis correctly it wil continue to be a pig and if Cal signs for Ducati, he'll be doing himself no favours other than lining his pockets and fighting CRT's.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Cal to Ducati

I’m not so sure any more that it would be a bad move.  Next year there will probably be a bigger difference between the factory and satellite teams.  If Ducati can sort the problems with their bike then Cal would be on a better bike.  If not he probably won’t be any or much worse off than he is now.  Obviously being on a factory bike won’t hurt the pocket either.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

No way Pedro

Cal is NOT going to Ducati and is bluffing to get the works Yamaha bike that he really wants. What idiot would consider a Ducati ride knowing you could make a tit of yourself and watch your career go tits up within 2 years.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Interesting that he says Stoner let the bike move around and didn't fight it, could be his dirt track experience gave him the confidence for that. Maybe the Ducati has to be ridden that way to heat the tyres, especially the front. In other words don't ride the bike aggressively but allow the bike it's natural aggressiveness and go with it. How come Nicky can't do it then, after all he also has dirt track experience. Maybe one has to turn the electronics right down low like Stoner did for the bike to behave like that. Maybe the new tyres heat up too easily and can't last when the bike is ridden this way, after all Stoner always chose the hard compound front and rear, ran last in the warm up lap so he could work the tyre hard and come last into his grid slot keeping the temperature up so he could gun it from the off and keep it there, had to keep it there to keep the temperature in the tyres.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices