Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa to sign new Honda deal by Mugello? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa to sign new Honda deal by Mugello?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa to sign new Honda deal by Mugello?

The MotoGP paddock might be awash with rumours that Valentino Rossi will be back in Honda’s official factory squad in 2013, but HRC bosses publicly at least are saying that a new deal for Dani Pedrosa is close to being signed. Rumours about a Rossi return to Repsol Honda for the first time since 2003 have been gathering momentum since reigning...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 July 2012 13:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

No win

So, if Honda keep Dani with a 50% pay cut, and give the other factory bike to Marquez, they must realise that they're unlikely to win any GP's all of next season, because it's too bigger ask for Marquez to replace Stoner's win tally.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Master and Apprentice?

Repsol management have spoken of their interest in partnering Rossi and Marquez in a kind of master and apprentice scenario

Couldn't really see Rossi offering to 'help' Marquez in that situation.

And why is there this thought that riders need mentoring. The principle of racing is no different whatever level you race at. If you're good enough, you're good enough, you sort yourself out. With the right bike and support you'll be fast.

No-one 'mentored' Rossi' Lorenzo or Stoner. Put them on fast bikes, they go fast.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Pants

I thought I was going to be signed by HRC, oh well that's my bubble burst.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

investment

they see dani as a solid investment,barring he does not crash, they dont have a choice now appart from cal or spies?, they dont want rossi and i never believed they did,yamaha wont take anyone to factory now appart frm cal or dovi,but really i think they will move him to tech 3 to keep yamaha usa involved.

marqeuz however will get spat out.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

What can I say.

Dani is a nice guy.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Good move by HRC, Pedrosa is the best after Lorenzo and Stoner at this current moment in time. I believe for Pedrosa to win Honda will need to make a bike that is head and shoulders above the competition, as frankly Lorenzo is just a step ahead in terms of riding ability. I still hope Rossi can make his way into Gresini somehow, just to see if hes still got anything left in him after the cockup that was the "Ducati experiment"

Pedrosa added: “I understand for the factories it is not a good deal to have two top riders in the same team. Yamaha wants to have one and Honda one to share the competition.

Utter bollocks! Pedrosa trying to put a positive spin on Lorenzo being chased by HRC? Im pretty sure both of these manufacterers crave for dominance so it wouldnt hurt one bit if they had two of the best riders under the same house.

Reply to this Topic
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

Dani

is good at being the #2 rider 'protecting' the #1 rider and helping them in the championship. From Honda's point of view why would they get rid if him? Essentially they are using him and actually have good leverage when negotiating his pay cut due to his underperformance over the years.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's all it can mean Benny

if Uncle Carmelo is to be believed.

So more a master and a piece of mutton scenario.

Reply to this Topic
mike73

Jan 12

mike73 says:

i thought repsol stated in the mcn news that they would not have 2 spanish riders in there team next year. what a load of b******s. motogp is getting stupid now

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Two Spanish riders in the same team don't think it will cause a problem you guys remember Criville and Gibernau in the same Repsol Team many years back.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle