You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > France trip

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SpeedT03

May 12

SpeedT03 says:

France trip

Anyone know where to get boozy breath test kits cheaper than the rip off ferries. And is it legal to wear high viz vests in France now?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 July 2012 15:24)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
happylemon666

Mar 10

Stuff for France

There's this http://www.frenchbreathalyzer.com/index.htm, yet when you go to order they can't guarantee delivery till October!

Also found 'em on Amazon UK, search for "breathalyzer for france".
Regarding hiviz, I have no idea, seems to depend who you ask!  You're supposed to carry one if you break down (in a car), so I have one with me on the bike.  As far as I understand it, the law that's coming is to have some reflective material, not hi-viz.  I'd pack one in either case.
The other thing is radar detectors, or if you have a sat nav it has to have the camaras data switched off.

Reply to this Topic
SpeedT03

May 12

SpeedT03 says:

Stuff for france

I found out you dont need to carry I hi-viz for breakdown on a bike, but I was thinking more about when riding and the reflective material thing you mentioned happy lemon.  no-one seems to know!

Appreciate your post thanks. If I find out I will post the result.
Breath kits apparently there not going to start fines for not carrying until later in the year and when they do the fine will be 11 euros! Worth the risk if you ask me less stuff to carry - this was on bbc breakfast so reliable.
Also heard about sat nav. I don't know how to switch it off my tom tom rider 2. Best RTFM I suppose:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

breath kit

you reminded me about the breathalyser thing, so I ordered a kit of 2 off Amazon yesterday afternoon, shipped in the evening, so it's possible to get one if you want.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Breathalyzer for trip to France.

I've seen these in Halfords, usually by the tills.

Reply to this Topic
gallen13

Jul 12

gallen13 says:

Tomtom rider 2 speed camera alert

If it helps, 'cause i had a struggle too, turning off speed camera alerts. I deleted the small file called 'Speed cameras' (I think that's what is was called...it was pretty obvious), using the Tomtom Home software.

I only ever had the basic speed camera info..not the thing you pay for.

It seems to have removed all speed camera info for all countries...but can be re-installed.

There may/should be better way.......anyone? 

Reply to this Topic
Jeusseliniere

Jul 12

Breathalysers and speed cameras on satnavs

We live in France so can help on this subject. The speed camera issue is that you are not supposed to be warned of cameras. The truth is that police CANNOT touch your satnav the only ones allowed are the Douannes(customs). The second issue regarding the breath kits is a big money spinner for a French company and they are virtually impossible to get hold of here. The Police will not issue any fines until November for failure to carry them so don't bother until next year and if you do get caught the fine is 11 euros (big deal) If you are looking for accomadation in France take a look at www.mayenne-holidays.com

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices