Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Why are bike deaths falling? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Why are bike deaths falling?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Why are bike deaths falling?

A previous MCN story reported that motorcycle fatalities fell by 10% last year despite an increase in use, according to government figures. There were 362 motorcyclists killed in road accidents in 2011 compared to 403 the year before. Meanwhile motorcycle traffic rose 0.9% in the same period. Unfortunately the Government data is just that - raw data. There is no way of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 July 2012 15:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Weather's shite, so Sunday heros not out?

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Yep!

I think shuggie has largely hit the nail on the head.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Hard to argue against that

"We are becoming safer riders" + "The weather's been so bad we're riding slower" + "Fewer sports bikes are on the road" are three sides of the same weird hyperdimensional coin.

With Power Ranger Pete getting rained out of his Sunday Funday, the "we" who are actually out on the road tend to be the types who are going somewhere, rather than going for it.

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Well if EU get their way we will all be wearing Hi Viz  jackets/vests in the next year or two. Do they really think this will reduce rider deaths further still? I dont think so.

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

lower deaths

cant disagree. the weather has a lot to play in the mumbers of bikers out evening and sundays particularly. Also for the first time less than 50% of bike sales have been pocket rockets, so instead of going for speed buyers are looking at adventure bilkes and they are a different kettle of fish so to say in the way they behave or perform on the roads and have to be riden differently.

With the economic climate as it is some are actually saying i cant afford to go out as often. i know some of my mates are reducing their annual mileage.  on the other hand more newbies have purchasedc two wheels for the first time but they are small bikes and generally being used for commuting, rather than the gas gusling car or 4 by 4 or people carrier.

Looking at the weather for this year i think its going possibly to be one of the worsed yet  and possibly we may see another dip in KSI.s lets hope so. but we shall have to wait and see what the stats show.

Reply to this Topic
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

ha ha

im now a sunday rider again hahahahahahahha

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
slparry

Aug 02

slparry says:

FFS.....

.........will you bunch of girls stop whining about the weather being your reason for not getting out on the bike. Stuns me that there's all this bollocks talked about having the stickiest tyres (which 99% of the time are often the best wet weather ones too), then you sit with your pampered garage queens never using them.

It's only water, the bike's are not made out of sugar and won't disolve if you use them plus you actually learn some extra skills when riding in the wet .....

There's no way I could only ride on nice days in the UK it'd restrict my riding pleasure too much!!!!

Decent waterproofs, decent tyres and just wash the thing when you get home .... simples

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

combo

combo medical advances and better kit better bikes

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

combo

combo medical advances and better kit better bikes