Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Would you buy an MV Agusta? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Would you buy an MV Agusta?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Would you buy an MV Agusta?

Next week's MCN (out July 11) features the world first ride of MV's new Brutale 675. It's a three-cylinder, 120bhp naked bike that's pitched at Triumph's Street Triple R. Price is expected to by under £8000, making it the most accessible new MV for decades. But, assuming it's a great bike at a reasonable price, would you buy one? Or are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 July 2012 15:26)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Lets just hope

they get the fueling right on this one!.

If it was my 8k I'd be buying a new pre reg'd Tuono R V Twin, simples.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Underpowered

At the end of the day it is only a 600 that is too track biased to begin with.

The bigger Brutale is not selling and the ones that do have hideous residual values.

I love the marque and they look great but dealers rare and running costs (especially insurance) is high. Would never buy one.

I have to agree with Preunit, Aprilia Tuono is the way to go.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

only buy one if i was just going to look at it in the garage. Too much risk of getting stranded

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

British Weather

I ride my bike in all weathers and wouldn't be convinced of the MV holding up to the tortures of road salt, grime and other generic road crud.

Lovely looking though but give me a Japanese 4 pot anyday over an exotic brand for commuting/shopping/seaside runs/etc.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

MV is falling way behind

MV, needs a rescue.  Ducati did very well to be bought by VW/Audi, now MV needs to find a home with a basement full of cash.. 

Other Euro brands are leaving MV way behind.  Look at thew new Ducatis, Triumphs and BMWs.  MV is still basicallty selling the same design from 1999 and it's 2012 already. 

In the US, MV's hardly register.  They have zero marketing or promotional support and if they keep this up, they'll lose the few remaining dealers.

Reply to this Topic
dangerousnick

Jun 12

I ride my bike in all weathers too, and just covered 2500 miles touring europe on it and it never missed a beat. Oh did I say it was an MV too? :)

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Say yes, how many bikes did MV sell in the uk in2011?.

Did you all buy one?,i think not ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Weird

The brief ownership of the MV Augusta by Harley-Davidson was weird - don't think the management used to selling bikes based on nostalgia to people who actually think mechanical crudeness is a feature and not a bug have a clue to sporting bikes.  Daimler-Benz ownership would be a good fit, as they could compete with BMW and VW-Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I did buy one, got carried away with lust and got bitten for it..........  in 18 months of ownership it spent more then 9 months of it with the dealer with an electrics problems.

There is poor after sale support from MV with the dealer network getting smaller as they leave MV to go sell other bikes that give them less grief.

I'm not going to sell it and will live with the problems but I don't ride it much anymore and it is never seeing a track again.

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

Having a MV Agusta was one of my dreams but now is a nightmare,my father wants to buy one but I said to him not to buy because is a risk,the things that I've heard about it scares me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices