Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Would you buy an MV Agusta? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Would you buy an MV Agusta?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Would you buy an MV Agusta?

Next week's MCN (out July 11) features the world first ride of MV's new Brutale 675. It's a three-cylinder, 120bhp naked bike that's pitched at Triumph's Street Triple R. Price is expected to by under £8000, making it the most accessible new MV for decades. But, assuming it's a great bike at a reasonable price, would you buy one? Or are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 July 2012 15:26)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

To buy or not to buy......?

Yes,i'd buy an MV if i had the spare cash to splash,but,there being SO MANY other makes and models around, i now try to find a bike i like,that is an all rounder,(i like the Ducati Multistrada but still a bit too expensive)and i try to find a bargain to boot.

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

MV?

i would have to say no, beautiful machines but seem dogged by reliability / back up issues, still beautiful though

Reply to this Topic
weasel1976

Oct 06

weasel1976 says:

I have one for about 15 months....and not had a single issue.

It is a great bike, and the most fun I have on a bike (and I had a Speed Triple before hand). I hear about people having problems, but I think the new breed of Brutales seem to come out relatively good in terms of reliance. Add to that the prices are dropping, hopefully this will create extra demand, meaning an improvement of after service - for those that have problems.

The garage I use (I live in Spain) are great, fast, reliable, friendly and organise regular rides. They seem to live MVs, so it helps.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

I would consider it...

I would consider buying an MV as an alternative to another exotic but not as a commuter bike. Until the tiime I get the money to run two bikes...

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Always liked the look of the big Brutale and fancied one. Then I finally found one in a dealers. I'm only 28" inside leg and when I sat on it, I looked like a kid on his dads bike. So thats another bike manufacturer who has shot themselves in the foot! Got another Triumph now and have you noticed how many Triumphs are easy to reach the floor. Theres only a couple in the range I can't manage. Sat on the new Trophy in Austria and could reach the floor on that too! No wonder they sell so many.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Nice looking bikes, but 'No'.

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

Horrible looking, old man bikes

Reply to this Topic
slparry

Aug 02

slparry says:

yes .. but not these

The F4 range .... yes but not these, sub 1000cc bikes are hideously slow rev boxes

Reply to this Topic
slparry

Aug 02

slparry says:

yes .. but not these

The F4 range .... yes but not these, sub 1000cc bikes are hideously slow rev boxes

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Give me a Triumph any day

Maybe it's because I'm patriotic but I'd take the Triumph any day.  MV have always been in a similar vein to Bimota and Benelli.  Expensive, exotic but ultimately not really worth the extra money unless you want to flash the name.  The F4 was lovely to look at though!

The street triple is a phenomenal machine MV will be hard pushed to beat for the price without compromising quality.  I did prefer the old round headlight model though.  The Triumph looks unique - always has - the MV looks like a Suzuki Gladius.  Plus the Trumpet is British with a better support network.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices