Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA MV Agusta F3 fuelling problem fixed F3 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > F3 675 > MV Agusta F3 fuelling problem fixed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MV Agusta F3 fuelling problem fixed

The MV Agusta F3 was one of the most eagerly anticipated sports bikes in recent years, but when it was launched back in February it was a huge disappointment. Chronic fuelling problems and poor running blighted the Italian firm's new supersport rocket, putting it way behind the Japanese competition and most worryingly for them, its intended rival: the Triumph Daytona 675. But...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 July 2012 17:20)

Post a message in F3 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I remain incredulous

that any modern manufacturer worth their salt could launch a product onto the marketplace with such significant flaws. Unlike the ill fated Bimota Vdue MV may get away with it, although they hardly deserve to.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

MVF3

The only flaw was the fuel mapping at less than 4000rpm, it was something that you could live with knowing that a rectification was on its way. Now that it has been done, the bike is awesome and far superior than my previous 675, road handling, brakes, sound, acceleration and of course style. I can understand that perspective buyers were put off by the original report which was justified, but try it and you will be surprised.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Under Capitalized?

Maybe MV Agusta needed to move product to keep cash flow up before they had all the developmental issues worked out?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

MV .......What a fuel

Someone on here commented.......The only flaw was the fuel mapping at less than 4000rpm, it was something that you could live with knowing that a rectification was on its way. :mad:

:shock:Oh,so its okay to pay £10-11000 for a motorcycle,and have to PUT UP with FLAWS in the design/function of the vehicle until a SOLUTION is found by the factory or importer? This isn't acceptable in any shape-size or form. these products are supposed to be tested rigorously so that once they reach the shop floor,they're fit for purchase. I rest my case.:hmmm:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

New F3

I suspect piglet2010 has hit the nail on the head as to why the bike was released. Whilst low down fueling is a major issue that should have been addressed it is a little nieve to think that new vehicles won't have teething problems. Even the japanese manufacturers have been introducing major recalls shortly after the introduction of new bikes. Simple economics dictates nowadays that products are released after set testing has been performed and that doesn't always cover all eventualities.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

The cynic in me wonderes if they were also capitalizing the news cycle of Claudio Castiglioni's death and this having been his last project.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

STRESSED!

Fuel mapping and cush drive fitted, bike is briilaint, well worth the one month wait and 500 miles of having to use the clutch more often than usual whilst using the bike occasional in town.

I am now certainly looking forward to the rest of the summer (that is if we have one).

Well worth the £10,300, not £11,000

PS My wifes new Mini (£20500) has just been re-called!!!!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"PS My wifes new Mini (£20500) has just been re-called!!!!"

£30,800k spent and you're both still taking the bus :-o

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Preunit

Sorry to disappoint you, still have the XJ and a Duke