Skip to content

General SUPERBIKES when Britain ruled the world General

You are in... Forums > General > General > SUPERBIKES when Britain ruled the world

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

SUPERBIKES when Britain ruled the world

Did anybody watch the Superbike program on itv4 wednesday night?

Brands Hatch WSB, halycon days, fantastic. WSB should make a return to Brands, the relevant organising bodies should get their heads together to make it happen, a major event has slipped through the net due to organising bodies failing to agree and come up with a plan of action......

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 08:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

No...

I missed it, but hopefully it will be on again.

The Brands event always looked good, although I never went in the flesh!

Got some good Brits in WSK now though, and its still great racing.

How you doing anyway, still got the SP2? Have a 1050 Sprint myself now.

See you at Hawes sometime!

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

u2bf

hiya mate, long time no ear, how you doing?....not had  sp2 for a while, traded it in for a 1198, had that for a couple of years then traded in for a 1100 monster... gonna change my nic to usedtobedaft.... got sick of the full attack sports bike riding, liking the monster (if it ever stops raining). doing a bit of twin shock trials nowadays too wi red rose club (its tough, 20 years on road counts for nowt).

you doing any bike trips this year?

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

One or two

trips planned, Alwnwick via Penrith and the 686 to Rothbury, that should be good.(B&B Booked, so rain or shine!)  Was planning a Wales trip, down Pembrokeshire way, but its never stopped pissing down!

I used to do a bit of twin shock trials few years back, Had a 250 Bultaco, was a real animal! Wouldn't mind doing it again, but we are Grandparents now, so not a lot of time!

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

twin shock trials

bultaco.... good bikes.... i run a 78 ty250 maj and a 73 mont 247 (mont is a nearly finished resto).

I've no tourer now, me n her indoors use van for trips, me n a couple of mates off to manx end of aug (watch classic supers n classic trial). monster is just a play thing, no trips planned on it this year.

you go to north west this year?

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

just to add

Brands Hatch WSB was by far the best short circuit event that i ever went to, the atmosphere over all the weekend was truly electric

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Damn... missed it

Luckily it's on ITV4 again on Saturday evening (7th July) at 8pm.  Or available on ITV Player...

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=319880

Brands WSBK was the best event ever, I went every year from 2000 to 2008.  120,000+ fans all cheering on the Brits.  It's a shame that Brands don't have the WSBK at the moment, given the number of British riders right up the front.

Reply to this Topic
kawathrasher

Feb 10

kawathrasher says:

Ahem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITV 4 This comming wednesday (04/07)

Morning all

Set your boxes to record for wednesday nite ITV4  20:00 for a look back at World superbikes in the 1990's

James whitham,Frankie chilli and Foggy all in one place once again

Posted at the weekend....... tut tut :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Brands return

I`ve been banging on about that fantastic event since it was withdrawn in09 ! I`ve begged Jonathon Palmer by email many times asked MCN to get a petition up n running but no avail . I never missed a race from96 -08 even went on me own in 00 for the october one ( yes there was one ) Silverstone is crap , Donnie`s no better ( ok circuit not bad but rest of it ?mmm ) theres a dvd  been out for a few years now called Suxie perry`s Brands weekend  have a look at that brings tears to my eyes remembering all the fantastic times with the racing , poboys  and that mega camp site .

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

superbol

got the suzy perry dvd, it really gives you a taste of what the event was like. I was at all the brands WSB (even though i live 250 mile from it), you're right about donny and silverstone, not a patch on Brands. I fear it will never return though....

Reply to this Topic
micepunk

Jun 12

micepunk says:

best bit

was when foggy said 'he thought he was being beaten by a bloke with one eye' fuckin mint!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices