Skip to content

Discuss This Danny Kent and Sandro Cortese told to race hard but fair MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Danny Kent and Sandro Cortese told to race hard but fair

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Danny Kent and Sandro Cortese told to race hard but fair

British rider Danny Kent and Red Bull KTM Moto3 team-mate Sandro Cortese have been told to avoid a repeat of the aggressive battle they engaged in during a thrilling Moto3 race in Assen last weekend. The pair will be back on track this weekend for the German Grand Prix at Sachsenring after a couple of high-speed collisions during last Saturday's Dutch...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 12:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

"Cortese was the chief aggressor"

Too bloody right! Cortese has been riding with his brain out for most of the season and seriously needs to reigned in. Kent shouldn't have retaliated, but the way I see it is people like Cortese need to be shown who they can and can't bully on the track. All that aside, doesn't a bit of fairing bashing make for such a good race?!! I just wish it could happen with no one getting hurt...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nope...

More like Cortese was pissed off at realising he was the slower of the 2 & resorted to trying to knock his team mate off (just look who had the faster lap & Danny's consistency)... on both occasions Danny was able to re-pass Cortese cleanly... & it's too early in the season for that sort of reasoning Benny... I hope both of them have learned a lesson... Cortese that it's not acceptable & Danny to hit back harder if he tries it again... Kent's owed 2 free attempts, let's hope he doesn't get cause to use them.

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

Great Race, and Cortese did look the aggressor...

But 'BennyHedgehog', with his 'Team Manager' hat on, does have a very valid point, maybe a little early for team orders, but in a race or two's time may be too late...

Roll on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Ben...

I did... my opinion... entitled to it?

It was what most would call a collision... twice... 1 time could be put down to an accident... 2 times is either extemely careless or intentional... Cortese says it was "over the limit"...

Benny - "Kent was getting in the way, and Cortese warned him with a gentle nudge at first. But Kent didn't get the message and so Cortese had to make it very clear to him: - 'Get back and stay behind.'"

You clearly think both were intentional... saying he was not going to knock him off is like saying puching someone in the face isn't going to start a fight... if not a complete foregone conclusion, the consequences are obvious.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aye Ben...

I'm trying to work out if you agree with Cortese & are justifying his move or are merely explaining his possible motives... I hope the latter... & I sincerely hope Danny hands him his ass on a plate tomorrow... so far he's been faster all weekend... team orders (the script you allude to) sicken me in all sport because I like to see good, fair racing & overinflated ego's deserve to be dethrowned especially when coupled with such immature racecraft... the "I'll teach for daring to overtake me" attiitude has no place on the track... prove you're better than your team mate by beating them... simple isn't it?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Obviously Ben...

... & watching that amazing qualifying it puzzles me why he has to resort to such unprofessional conduct. I guess it shows immaturity... let's hope he grows out of it & lets his racing do the talking.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices