Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small" BRUTALE 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > BRUTALE 675 > MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small"

The all-new MV Agusta Brutale 675 will cost £7300 when it goes on sale in the UK aimed squarely at middlweight naked bikes like the Triumph Street Triple. By comparison the Street Triple costs £6,899. MCN road tester Adam Child is currently at the launch in Italy and had this to say: "The first thing you notice when you get on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 13:01)

Post a message in BRUTALE 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

..and don't forget to add coolant - similar density to water - 1 L = 1 kg. So battery = 4kgs, oil = 3.5kgs, coolant = 2kgs, fuel = 15kgs, so expect wet weight to be around 188Kgs. But what really matters is how well it's been centralised and how wide the crank is/how close that is to the centre of gravity - this affects gyroscopic forces and makes the bike easier to turn at high rpm.

Reply to this Topic
JTceltic

Jul 09

JTceltic says:

Exhaust

What is it with Italians and gay exhausts?? That is a gay exhaust.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Gay exhaust or not, boy o boy it's unique and does it not look good

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

oh dear...

My grandfather used to say that if one has nothing clever to say one should say nothing... In much less polite terms of course. People riding hair driers calling a an MV brutale (of whatever specification) gay or comparing it to a Street??? Are we looking at the same pictures? A professional and respected tester says how light it feels and of course the sofa warriors have to give their expert opinion on why he is probably wrong. I wonder why some of you guys even bother logging in? One thing seems a sure trend and a pet peeve of mine: sports bikes and the respective naked version are getting too bloody small!!!

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

Nice

Despite what has been said until now, I think MV Agusta have made an interesting proposal here. I had a Street for two years and thrashed it tirelessly. It is a bike that makes you smile regardless of eveything else. I loved it duiring the 80,000 kms it was with me. Having said this, I moved on to a 1000. At first a doubted between the Brutale and the Speed. I chose the Speed (I am delighted with my choice). If I were to return to 600(ish), this bike would be a serious contender. I think the exhausts are unique and eye-catching for the right reasons. 'Gay' is an adjective I would only associate with the Glad¡us.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hmmmm...

"gay exhausts" ??? You must be devoid of any sense of passion if you can look at this Bike and only see "gay" exhausts. Jeez "guys" what do you want from a bike???? This is as SEXY as it gets.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Icing on the cake missing?

I personally think it looks great, not "gay" at all, and especially the exhaust in my opinion. So good in fact that I probably wouldn't bother with an aftermarket can in the same way I left my GSXR750 K6 alone as that little stubby can was the best standard exhaust out of the crate ever in my opinion.

Although one thing I don't get about this MV is why not put a bellypan or some sort of lower bodywork on it to hide the agricultural collector box etc. It looks unfinished to me and I can't see why MV bothered to make a nice little cover to hide where the exhausts join the collector box with some no doubt ugly welds and then leave the collector box and other "ugly" (not gay) bits and pieces on display?

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Another thing.....

The UK MV website says it costs £8299 inc VAT but excluding OTR costs.....so who's wrong then as £7300 that's not......???

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Styling Miss?

One thing designers of “street fighters” should pay more attention to is how the underside of the bike looks. Most look terrible when riding an extended wheelie, leaving the naughty bits in open sight.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

shut up

all you hear is how unreliable the MV bikes are

i own an MV for 7 yrs had a few troubles to start with seeing it was the mark 1 a few of my mates own mv from F4 750 to F4 cc 1000  to 750 through the range 1090 brutes and 1 guy who has a F3 to which some have broken down ................. now some other mates have trumpies hondas etc all of which have  broken down some more than others

just to shut a few of you up 2 of my mates own  trumpie ,s 2 yrs old but both have been in the shop for a total of 9 months each  but the other trumpies only been back for services ............. m8s CBR1000 had to be replaced

so keep it shut unless you own one ppl dont want to hear about your m8s dog walkers sisters brothers gay lovers aunty 5 times removed new a guy who heard this story about a bike which could have been an MV

im not just talking about MV it covers  all brands  

and to the knob who recons MV copied the street in design think it might be the other way round the brute and F4 design have been around long before the streed designs

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices