Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small" BRUTALE 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > BRUTALE 675 > MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small"

The all-new MV Agusta Brutale 675 will cost £7300 when it goes on sale in the UK aimed squarely at middlweight naked bikes like the Triumph Street Triple. By comparison the Street Triple costs £6,899. MCN road tester Adam Child is currently at the launch in Italy and had this to say: "The first thing you notice when you get on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2012 13:01)

Post a message in BRUTALE 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"MV claim a dry weight of 163kg"

Just as well really,cause it'll be a very,very long and inevitable push to the nearest MV dealer ;-)))

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

But........

Not many dealers though are there? And its not proven yet, unlike the Street Triple.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Of course it is not proven, it is new and why Preunit, will it be necessary to push the machine,

I have had the new mapping on my F3 today, the bike is briiliant, far superior to the 675.

Yes there are not that many dealers but the the one that I deal with ForzaItalia at Silverstone are brilliant well worth the 60 mile trip. They seviced the bike. lent me a courtesy bike and when I collected it today it had been washed/cleaned after Wednesday's down pour. Not many dealers would have done that

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

pottersbar

because it is going to break, because it is an mv, things will inevitably go wrong, while a street triple will give far less grief

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Are you basing your theory on the past, remember Skoda cars. But if the Brutale is anything like the F3 (with the latest mapping)', it will be more far more fun and that is what biking is all about,enjoying yourself

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Dry vs. Wet

Other manufacturers need to follow the lead of Honda and publish "wet" weights. After all, no one rides a motorcycle (for long, at least) in its “dry” condition.

And moto mags (online and paper) need to weigh bikes and point out “optimistic” weights.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Really Small Means?

Does really small mean someone with a 34-inch (86-cm) inseam will feel like they are riding a 4/5th scale moto on the Brutale 675? If so, count me out no matter what else it offers.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Basic maths

It is quite easy to estimate wet weight and you can calculate it accurately if you can get enough info. Petrol is about 800g per litre, similar to oil, and the battery weight depends on its size/capacity - a YTX9 8AH battery weighs around 3.5Kgs. The difference in weight between these bikes won't be very noticeable on the go compared with the difference in engine performance, chassis dimensions, suspension quality and set up, etc. But for sure, I think the Brutale is better looking, but then a new Triumph is coming soon...

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Reviews need to verify weights...

Agree with Piglet2010. MCN need to start verifying some of the claims - e.g. weighing the bikes and putting them on a Dyno. Remember the eighties when a company known by the name of Bennelli used to claim huge power output figures for their sixes which were either obtained at the fuel tap(definitely not at the rear wheel) or was measured in Italian Shetland ponies not the regular Horses that othe rbikes were..

Reply to this Topic
Rikkisam

Jul 12

Rikkisam says:

Copying in order to sell bikes

Look at the seat/tail and the tank. They're almost taken straight off a Street. I hate this. It's like Triumph and Honda trying to make a better GS by first copying it's spec (must have shaft drive, must have spoked wheels etc etc) then adding their touch, just to compete with sales. Bit sad isn't it? Or is that the way it's always been? Just saying that variety would be nice. We seem to have to decide which category of bike we want then pick from the variations. It's a bit clinical?????

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle