Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small" BRUTALE 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > BRUTALE 675 > MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MV Agusta Brutale 675 first ride: "Really light and really small"

The all-new MV Agusta Brutale 675 will cost £7300 when it goes on sale in the UK aimed squarely at middlweight naked bikes like the Triumph Street Triple. By comparison the Street Triple costs £6,899. MCN road tester Adam Child is currently at the launch in Italy and had this to say: "The first thing you notice when you get on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 13:01)

Post a message in BRUTALE 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Oi Brutale R

...ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reply to this Topic
bobbyv

Jul 12

bobbyv says:

When?

I have been following this bike's progress since EICMA, does anyone know when I can test or even buy one? Also can someone get to work on a Belly Pan, this bike sure needs one!

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Street Triple R 675 vs Brutale 675

I took a look at the specifications of these bikes. 

Firstly I chose the Triumph R model as it is about £7,600, so nearer to the Brutale's £8,300 (Probably about £8,700 on the road though). 
Brutale = steel frame; Triumph = alloy beam frame from Daytona. Brutale = standard production suspension, only pre-load adjustable. Whilst the Triumph has fully adjustable Kayaba suspension. 
 The Brutale has a wet weight of approximately 191Kg (21.6 litre fuel, 4 litre oil, 4 litres water + battery); which is slightly heavier than the Triumph. 
 The Brutale does indeed have more horsepower, approximately 3 more horsepower at 12,500 revs! Are you kidding? The Triumph makes its 105 horsepower at about 11,700 - still too high if you have any mechanical sympathy but at least it isn't 12,500. 
 So in short here we have a bike that because it is Italian, is being punted as being far better than a bike that it is probably realistically no better than at all - and possibly inferior to in the real world of cost and Volvo drivers!!. 
 Good old Italian Motor Cycle News eh? 
 My suggestion is that you should test ride both or all three even; I mean if the Standard Street Triple is not that far behind the Brutale in practical terms, and like most of us you use your bike for just about everything but track-days - you could get an even better deal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

iffy mv

i have to agree with piglet the right underside looks a right lash up brackets and covers that look like something from toys are us wiring hanging down,looks amateurish.,also agree with jack spratt,why do mcn always compare wet triumph weights with mv dry weights ? i went to the nec show and made a beeline for the mv stand,we all thought the f3 was stunning but didnt think much of the brutale.it wasnt all bad news for mv though as i thought the brutale 920 in black was fabulous,seriously tempted.

Reply to this Topic
Straatkat

Oct 12

Straatkat says:

Brutale

Hi, Found this thread while searching for info on the Brutale675. After riding a Street Triple for 5 years and 92.000 km, I recently bought the Brutale675. OMG, what a big mistake! I wonder if MV has even tested the bike before releasing it. Stalling, cold start impossible, lousy throttle response, engine shuts of when using the engine brake, wrong info on the gear indicator etc, etc. Got it in August and hardly rode with it, because it is extremely dangerous driving it in the state it is. I am now waiting for a new mapping and I really hope it will solve all these issues.Searching the internet I found many similar complaints. What was MV thinking??? Didn't they learn from the troubles they had with the F3??? I feel screwed.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices