Skip to content

Discuss This SMIDSY driver cleared over rider’s death General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > SMIDSY driver cleared over rider’s death

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

SMIDSY driver cleared over rider’s death

A motorist who pulled out on a motorcyclist has been cleared of causing the rider’s death by careless driving.  Driver Ian MacIntyre, 58, was found not guilty after a jury heard he simply didn’t see Ducati rider David Blackburn, 53, who was fatally injured. MacIntyre pulled across the A155 in Hagnaby, Lincolnshire, in his Jaguar XF sports car in April...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2012 13:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

smidsy

once again it looks like the law has stuck 2 fingers up to 2 wheels.so now sorry mate i didnt see you is a legal excuse.

Reply to this Topic
joeboy88

Apr 09

joeboy88 says:

smidsy

This is getting rediculous now.  One of my best mates was killed by an uninsured driver who had been driving for 5 years without a license or insurance.  The driver pulled out infront of my firend and killed him instantly.  Even though the driver had no license or insurance and had been driving like this for so many years, he only got 7 months..........once again showing that the law is against bikers, its just not on!!!

Reply to this Topic
Twentytoo

Jul 09

Twentytoo says:

!

F*cking disgrace. So if you kill someone because the sun is in the 'wrong' place it's ok now then!!

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

What a joke

Cars are too comfortable with too many distractions using the Sun as an excuse is just a convinient lie to get himself off.

How can you not see or hear a Ducati?  A bloke goes by my house most days and I can hear it over the TV!

Reply to this Topic
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Smidsy

Shouldn't we start calling these SMIDLFY cases?

Sorry Mate I Didn't Look For You

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

It should have been a truck he pulled out in front of. This is why I have very little interest in riding a motorcycle on the road. Most people in the UK class motorcycles as dangerous and the riders are the scourge of the earth. I always look for motorcycles, it's just a shame most of the inbred arrogant drivers don't. But then again, in their head, they're stuck in a lift listening to corny music or thinking what they will be having for tea.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Oh, I'm surprised he didn't have the correct tyres on. That's been used as a get out clause too this year

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

car driver

I dont suppose that someone went to the bother of seeing what time the accident happened ,and took into account  time of year and checked out what angle the sun was at?It is usually only in winter at certain angles that the sun really does block your vision and a reasonable driver would take extra care in such conditions.

If it was a skip lorry i bet he would have seen it.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Over the last couple of years enough court cases have gone in favour of drivers who, through their negligence, have killed motorcyclists to indicate that the message is clear... ride a motorcycle at your peril because you have no human rights until you reach the end of your journey. It's open season.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

you look

Always at junctions if you can`t see the drivers eye`s he can`t see you,i pay alot of attention to this and has saved me from this kind of problem,yes it`s your right of way but......................................take more care.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle