Skip to content

Discuss This SMIDSY driver cleared over rider’s death General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > SMIDSY driver cleared over rider’s death

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

SMIDSY driver cleared over rider’s death

A motorist who pulled out on a motorcyclist has been cleared of causing the rider’s death by careless driving.  Driver Ian MacIntyre, 58, was found not guilty after a jury heard he simply didn’t see Ducati rider David Blackburn, 53, who was fatally injured. MacIntyre pulled across the A155 in Hagnaby, Lincolnshire, in his Jaguar XF sports car in April...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2012 13:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

like many out there, the same has happened to me. And yes "They don't give a F**k". A message to the less informed car driver, who looks for large lorries and trucks that pose a danger, especially in extreme weather conditions. As a Biker: Armco posts = Swinging baseball bats. Cable barrier = Cheese-wire. Spilt diesel = Black ice... Not "Thinking Bike!" = Death!

Reply to this Topic
souroush

Nov 11

souroush says:

Prevent more deaths!

At least ban the f* murderer from driving. This verdict is disgusting .

Reply to this Topic
PeteDuke

Jul 12

PeteDuke says:

Justice or Jury : Big mistake.

If the facts reported at what the jury deliberated on : Then what an appauling decision......surely the CPS, Prosecutors, will be appealing against such an injustice. if the driver pulled out knowing he couldnt see or was chancing it, then that is Dangerous driving.  If he pulled out believing it to be clear, because he had made an error of judgment, thats careless driving. Either way he is guilty of an offence to a greater or lesser degree. Thats the common sense view, surely. Or is the criminal justice system devoid of that.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

no justice

The sentencing for this is unbelievable, it should have been prison time.
I've been in a car in this situation and I put my side window down (to hear and see better) and put my hand up to shield my eyes, problem solved. The issue is some people just can't be bothered to check properly. Some old woman did this to me and the police let her off one of the charges because she pleaded guilty. Seems like the only way a motorist can get into trouble is if they're speeding.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Prejudice

The major issue is that the jury will put themselves in to the position of the driver that caused the fatality and realise they could very easily do the same. That realisation will make them give latitude to the driver that he doesn't deserve.

I suspect the jury was entirely comprised of car drivers so from that token the jury may have been somewhat prejudice from the outset. If they were really questioned on their opinion of bikers before the trial I suspect they'd have thought that bikers bring it all on themselves.

Reply to this Topic
ajacko

Jun 09

ajacko says:

It's open season on us folks, has it really ever been any different?

Be careful out there....

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

So...

If its raining heavily and my visor is fogging up and I run onto the pavement and hit and kill someone...its not my fault Brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

yes it is

cuz you shouldnt hav a shit lid :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
theguywitha50

Jun 12

Needs punishment or how will he learn

Well i say everyone on here with a bike, find and stalk the bastard, he wont forget to look for bikes again will he!!

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Zx12.....ss

Every helmet will fog up in the right conditions.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle