Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards poised for mid-season machine change? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards poised for mid-season machine change?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards poised for mid-season machine change?

Colin Edwards has cast doubt on the future of the Suter-BMW CRT project after revealing to MCN that his Forward Racing squad could be poised for a mid-season machinery switch after a disastrous start to 2012. The Texan retired out of last place in last weekend’s Dutch TT at Assen  having been severely hampered yet again by major issues with a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 14:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

COLIN!!! come back

Man just come on back to WSBK! Have some fun before retirement. No need for a rider of your caliber to be running around on hunk of junk bikes. You could get a competative ride like Aprilia or a ducati heck maybe even Yamaha factory may come back next year with you on it. Love to see you back in WSBK mixing it up at the front.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

BOSCH

I have never had a decent Bosch product ever there power tool are sh1te i know you cant compare power tools with bike electronics but its made me feel better having a moan !!  ;-)

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

Bosch

Me and my mates broke down in a 306 HDI on our way home from Misano at 2am in a lightning storm thanks to good old Bosch.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

phinmac

I agree with your post. Colin has never won a Motogp race and never will now. Get back to WSBK and have fun in the twilight of your career. Shit, you could even add another world title to the two you already have, how good would that be?

Top machinery + winning races = GOOD FUN!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Col

Stop beating yourself up, kick back and go play golf.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Col you deserve better than what you are riding know having him back in WSBK will be amazing.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Yep

All you got to do is look at what Biaggi and Checa are doing.....having a ball out there..spanking a lot if young guys out there. Heck I can name a couple of teams that could use your services ...Sykes needs a teammate, Rea needs a teammate, Chaz needs a mate, Suzuki needs a second bike, and Yamaha needs to seriously get their butts back in the game. Motogp is a lame duck series. WSBK is the best, heck I would like to see Nick Hayden there too.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Edwards best years were 2000 and 2002 the years he won his two WSBK titles the 2002 win was amazing the epic battle with Troy Bayliss another WSBK legend. MotoGP 2005 when he finished fourth on the works Yamaha and 2009 when he beat two works riders in the standings Hayden by a massive distance and Dovi by a single point thanks to BS when he carved through the pack at Valencia to finish 7th and give Col the 5th place he deserved.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Go back to SBK and have a blast mate. MotoGP sans works ride = exercise in futility.

Reply to this Topic
cyclehog

Nov 08

cyclehog says:

Where to from here?

Solution for MotoGP Future
Move the MotoGP Series, with the current rules, to Endurance Racing. There are other endurance series that can help fill the weekend.
Make WSB, with the current rules, the top Series.
You can move Moto2 and CRT between WSB and WSS.
I think this makes sense for both the series' and the manufacturers.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices