Skip to content

RIEJU Rieju MRT50 Pro Competition - the world's fastest 'standard' 50 MRT50

You are in... Forums > RIEJU > MRT50 > Rieju MRT50 Pro Competition - the world's fastest 'standard' 50

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rieju MRT50 Pro Competition - the world's fastest 'standard' 50

Making 15bhp from a tuned 50cc engine, the Rieju MRT50 Pro Competition should be the fastest 50cc bike on the road. To put that into perespective it makes the same power as the four-stroke Aprilia RS4 125 and slightly more than the Honda CBR125R. The power comes from a high performance cylinder head from Minarelli, hand made exhaust and a 245mm Mikuni...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 17:39)

Post a message in MRT50

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

over carb'd?

245mm mikuni? No wonder it's fast. You could get your head in that.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yeh but...

my mates fizzy is faster... oops I slipped back into teen mode ....ahh, those were the days.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Honest question, what's the market for these things?

Anyone with the license or budget to ride one on the road can get a 125 instead.  Is there some 50cc kiddie kompetition klass where rich kids' dads buy them these toys for zooming around on private land?

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Licence Entitlement

Found this on the DVLA website... "If you obtained your full car licence before 1 February 2001 you are automatically entitled to ride a moped without L-plates (D-plates in Wales)" Buy a Rieju MRT50 (with typical 125cc power) and head out on the road with no motorcycle experience/training whatsoever. Are they trying to exploit a loophole here or am I missing something?

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Fast 50cc bikes. This takes me back to being a teenager: FS1e's, AP50's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Fantic Cabellero, Malaguti Cavalcone. 

Yep, I had a Malaguti Cavalcone. 55mph my arse. I was lucky to see 40mph downhill. Ahh but such good times.

Teenage bragging rights all come flooding back. Purple fizzies were faster and anyone that bought a Honda SS50 was just laughed at. In those days a pint of lager was 35p. Of course you couldn't drink at 16 but ...ahem....the good old days eh.

Now we pay £10k to be able to travel at 30mph on the road because of congestion, pot holes and speed cameras and lager costs the best part of £4 a pint. Progress?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Sounds like a great little bike. Good to hear they are still trying to achieve things with 2 strokes.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

These aren't "mopeds", is my point

They'll be way too fast.  So you can't ride one at 16.  In fact, if it weighs under 110kg (seems likely) then you won't even be able to ride it on the new A1 style license - or presumably a CBT and provisionL - as of next January.  Ride that on a public road with anything other than an A2 or A license and you might as well be on a Hayabusa.

The only real point would seem to be offroad use, and there are far cheaper ways to get your lulz.

Really, can anyone figure out who the market is?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

rogerborg

Us Hayabusa riding children, would love to own a 15 bhp 50cc ped as it would take us back to our Youth.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Outside of competitions, I don't see the point of spending more than 3K on a 15hp bike.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Wild West?

Here in Iowa, take the MSF BRC class when you are 15, pass your automobile driving test on your 16th birthday (test is very easy), take the written motorcycle test and get your motorcycle endorsement waiver from the BRC class, and you can ride the Hayabusa you got as a present the same day. No helmet or Hi-Viz gear required either.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices