Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow plays down podium hopes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow plays down podium hopes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow plays down podium hopes

British rider Cal Crutchlow has played down his chances of breaking his MotoGP podium duck in Germany this weekend. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider believes his lack of experience at the tight and twisty Sachsenring track will count against more than the recovering left ankle he broke during practice for his home race at Silverstone last month. Crutchlow has come from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 July 2012 17:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

It would be brilliant to see

Cal on the podium ,He is the best rider we have produced in gp's since the great Barry Sheene.It's a shame that Yamaha cannot come up with a deal for him ,It seems that it's marketing rather than results that matter to them gone are the days of a global name like Agostini, Roberts, Sheene ect where they would poster the rider all over the globe as it was the brand that attracted the customers,Now it seems that to have Spies on board with an average performance to satisfy the American market is more important to them than results,It's a shame to admit it as it would be great to see a possible Championship contender again from Britain but if I were Cal I would tell Yamaha to get fucked and take the Ducati cash,he has shown he is not riding for cash and has been loyal to Yamaha but they are putting him in a position where he could miss the boat for nothing,Ride the duke Cal you cant do any worse than the current pair and if he tamed the thing he would be a legend, take the dough and give it a shot ,Britain is just not important to the jap factories and hasn't been for years.pity though

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

Thestig808... Tell what Cal has done to get a yamaha factory ride? Nothing so far! If someone will replace Spies it would be Dovi and not Cal. Dovi already had 2 podiums on his pocket. But all brits is talking like Cal had bag a podium or 2 and deserve the factory ride than Dovi. It will only take one race without running into any issue for spies to show what he can do and be in the podium. And If Yamaha decide to keep spies is because they know that spies a good #2 rider and good team player. That can win and not cause jorge a champinoship points if he has no chance of winning the cahmpinoship. Not much of what Yamaha America wanting an American on the factory  team. Remember Yamaha Japan shut down the Yamaha America's idea to support colin and his team so he can ride a Yamaha R1? That tells you that no matter what yamaha america wants it will not happen unless the Japs agree to it.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

vonich

your full of shit - i didnt see dovi getting a top six with a broken ankle and cal was lapping close to half a second faster dovi in assen if dovi was any good honda would of kept him cal is just warmming up with plenty more to come take the ducati ride cal you cant do any worse than rossi and if you better you will be a legend it worked for stoner:)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

vonich

Tell what Cal has done to get a yamaha factory ride?

What did Dovi do on a Repsol Honda?

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

personally i think all these guys deserve to be on factory bikes 4 a piece for yam and honda there so many good riders atm not including marquez an redding and co  possibly i would ban the factoriy bike and give them all protype privateer machines like hondas million pound bike its selling next year would make the racing closer cheaper and on an equal playing field opening the way for the lost factories to return to not a fan of this crt thing

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Cal...

Don't know what all the fuss is about.  Cal certainly deserves a good bike next year he's done enough to stay with Tech3 or move to Ducati.  Dovi on the other hand was hard done by honda last season and I personally would've preferred him to stay on with the repsol team rather then pedrosa, but that's just my opinion.

Cal is still short of knowledge on some tracks, and unlike spies...who incidently has the Eddie Lawson quality of learning circuits very quickly indeed, look at WSBK's how in his first season came away with the title, and more than held is own in Motogp in his first year.

Stig08 I get where you're coming from, but Cal is still a prospect and I hope to hell that he can achieve at least what Ron Haslam did many years ago.  I'd be ecstatic, if he could do a double like bazzer, here's hoping.

Yours Aye..

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

The whole Dovi/Cal thing

is academic since neither will get a factory M1 next year. What Lorenzo and Yamaha really need is a guy who can regularly get in amongst the Repsol Hondas and take points off them. Neither Spies, Dovi nor Cal have shown themselves reliably or consistently able to do that this year. So the next criterion they'll base rider choice on is marketability, and Spies has that one won hands down, with the US importer lobbying strongly for him.

So this is how it will go down: Cal will take the Ducati deal by the Mugello deadline, Spies will be signed up for another year in the works squad by Indianopolis, and Dovi will be left hunting around for another satellite ride - maybe Tech 3 alongside Smith again, or maybe somewhere else. Unfair maybe, based on performances this year, but if neither Dovi nor Cal can blow Yamaha's skirt up by bagging wins, it WILL boil down to passport and Mr. Spies will get the gig again. It's a safe bet.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

What?

bikemad123... "if dovi was any good honda would of kept him" Only dumb will ask this question. verybody knows the Dani is going nowhere as long as Repsol is the title sponsor for honda. Dovi finished 3rd in the championship last year. But his no casey stoner. That is why honda didn't kept him regardless of his result. One more thing please stop using Cal broken uncle as an excuss or to down grade any rider. Spies have broken foot/ankle all year long on his rookie and manage to take a pole and 2 podium. As a matter of fact spies already had a podium this point in time last year and his first year compare to your so called legend Cal. By the way if i am full of $hit? You're the one who i am sitting on!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

yep yep yep

Yeah it's hard to see cal getting the factory M1 next year. Dovi is doing better at the moment. So unless they are looking for a marketing perspective I don't think Cal will get cause I don't think he is there yet on performance.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

cal for second place

lorenzo 1st

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN