Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi pins hopes on Mugello test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi pins hopes on Mugello test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi pins hopes on Mugello test

Valentino Rossi is hoping a crucial test immediately after his forthcoming home race in Mugello will deliver the progress and improvements he wants to be convinced his future lies with Ducati. The Italian held talks with Ducati technical boss Filippo Preziosi after last weekend’s Dutch TT at Assen, where the 33-year-old was critical of a lack of development direction  adopted by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 22:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Nostro

You complain about everyone. No wonder you love casey you are a complete moaning whiny whinger. 

David @MM was right to call you out as being a an unwelcome nasty pos. The ducati is a piece of shit. 

It's not called the Ducati POS for nothing. It is impossible for rossi to be responsible for rossi to be responsible for ducati producing shit bikes. 

Rossi never ruined Honda or Yamaha. 

If you wanna play that game you could listen to the casey haters who have a better supported argument that casey goes to a manufacturer who gives him a winning bike wins the title then proceeds to ruin the bikes from that manufacturer with his crappy input. Casey has done it twice now at ducati and Honda. Only you and few other tools persist with the myth that ducati makes competitive bikes. 

Only you and a few other extremists can't recognise that Rossi, Stoner, and Lorenzo are the cream of the crop of the best riders in the world. The old chestnut creme de la creme springs to mind. 

Nostro for you and the other extremists you should look into this great organisation for passionate extremists like yourself. www.scientology.org/ stay nice

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

parris

Don't think many rational people accuse Rossi of being responsible for Ducati producing "shit" bikes....many would accuse him of not providing any significant input or insight into why it is a "shit' bike, or any direction into a way of improving the machine. 

Aside from the tyre issues, I see little evidence that the Honda is being ruined by Stoner, after the first 3 races this year, everyone was wondering what could be done to get near him...

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Markymark

Yeah I agree with you. I don't think Stoner is responsible for anything of the sort. 

I was just showing both sides that everyone says exactly the same ludicrous things against both riders depending on who they like/hate. 

I also agree that the Honda is not a bad bike at all. I think it is significantly faster, can win races cause of it, straight line wise. Again I think the issues with the Honda are not as significant as have been made out and that these issues will be sorted with set up perhaps small mods shortly if it hasn't been fixed already.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Parris - our little Rossi cultist

Your 'argument' is laughable in the extreme. If you care to check the record books I think you find positions 1,2 and 3 (in both red and orange colours) garner more points than positions 6,7 & 8.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Markymark

I forgot about the rossi 1. feedback/input 2. Direction is no good. 

1. Rossi feedback has always been rated highly by everyone who works with him. The only people that sprout such obvious rubbish are the rossi detractors. Rossi's lengthy successful history speaks plainly that he is at the very least capable of providing meaningful feedback. 

Are people seriously suggesting that rossi has now lost the ability to provide feedback. I am sure Rossi is more than capable of telling ducati how the bike feels. It is ducati that is failing time and again and again and again to provide fixes for the problems. 

Don't forget Stoner/ Rossi and Hayden have all been asking for exactly the same issues to be fixed by ducati. Years later ducati still haven't fixed them. 

Stoner was indignant that ducati started trying to fix the exact same things he asked for as soon as rossi got to ducati and asked for them. Stoner said of ducati and their lack of efforts to his requests "shows what the thought of me". 

So ducati has been told by two of the top three riders in the world the exact same thing and what the problems are in the bike that need fixing and years later ducati still uncompetitive. Ducati are a bunch of vain, big heads who started to believe the own sales shit/gimmicks about CF and 90 degree L engines. 

Ducati actually believed that their bike was good when two of the top three riders said it wasn't and also it wasn't competitive. 

2. Direction. This is clearly ducati's fault. I remember when rossi went to ducati they made it very clear that Rossi was going to adapt to the ducati style. Ducati direction was to stay the same as before rossi got there. Rossi towed the line and said something to the effect, "it is I that must adapt to a different style, the ducati style". I remember thinking at the time wow these ducati guys even put Rossi is a subservient role. I was surprised by ducatis tone. 

So ducati were very clear that they were going to continue with their CF, L 90 degree engine. 

Ducati then realised that Preziosi wasn't going to get the CF and later the L 90 degree to work in the next few years. Ducati then gave up the CF and tried to keep everything else, ducati still didn't provide the riders with anything good. Ducatis decision still ultimately with ducati themselves on what direction to take. 

I am sure if ducati had asked rossi what direction ducati should have taken or should take he would have said scrap Preziosi and his ducati POS failure. Rossi would have said to quickly get back to the front is simple just do the recommended thing, Aluu twin sparr, i4 or v4 engine etc etc.  Even here rossi in this article is saying/giving his input the engine is not the cause of the main problems or it will not be enough to just change the engine only. 

Rossi is saying stuff to ducati they just don't listen.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Hope it works but...

Rossi on a Honda = Winner

Rossi on a Yamaha = Winner

Rossi on a Ducati = Go back to Honda or Yamaha

A racer WANTS to win so no shame in going back to another manufacturer so you can start winning again.

I do genuinely want the Ducati to be a competitive machine in MotoGP (owning a Ducati being part of this) but Rossi's riding style simply does not fit it.  Give the machine to a young gun who is not thinking about his twlight years of racing.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Ducati are shit

Its pretty simple. Ducati sux and their bikes are so shit that they are nowhere in term of being competitive and haven't been for years and most likely unless they copy the japs fast won't be till ducati leave motogp. If it wasn't for Casey Stoner ducati would not have won the championship in 2007. Look at where his team mate finished what was is 5th or 6th. Man if is wasn't for stoner risking his neck every race ducati would no longer be in motogp. Ducati would have left motogp by now and stayed in WSBK. So boring listening to people blame the riders for ducatis problems. Riders give feedback and a whole factory of ducati engineers and mechanics cant fix the same problem for years. Sorry but whoever buys their bikes I don't know if feel sorry for or not. The people that blame the riders for ducati making shit bikes are as bad as ducati themselves.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Let's see. Bridgestone put a soft sidewall on the new tyres and they are chunking due to internal overheating. I think I see a way out of this.

Reply to this Topic
cyclehog

Nov 08

cyclehog says:

How many riders for the Ducati team?

How are Rossi and Hayden going to keep their jobs if Ducati hire Crutchlow and Redding?

Reply to this Topic
cyclehog

Nov 08

cyclehog says:

Where to from here?

Solution for MotoGP Future
Move the MotoGP Series, with the current rules, to Endurance Racing. There are other endurance series that can help fill the weekend.
Make WSB, with the current rules, the top Series.
You can move Moto2 and CRT between WSB and WSS.
I think this makes sense for both the series' and the manufacturers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices