Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi pins hopes on Mugello test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi pins hopes on Mugello test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi pins hopes on Mugello test

Valentino Rossi is hoping a crucial test immediately after his forthcoming home race in Mugello will deliver the progress and improvements he wants to be convinced his future lies with Ducati. The Italian held talks with Ducati technical boss Filippo Preziosi after last weekend’s Dutch TT at Assen, where the 33-year-old was critical of a lack of development direction  adopted by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2012 22:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Deep breaths our little Greek tragedy

You're getting yourself all het up.

Repeat after me 'Ducati will be fine once they get world class riders back in the saddle'.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Nostrilapithicus

No they won't Nostro. Ducati didn't listen to Stoner, they didn't listen to Rossi. You would think if those two riders told you exactly the same thing you would start to think to oneself. I don't know if they ever asked Hayden TBH. Ducati didn't even listen to the crap results they have been geting. Why do you think ducati will start listening to anyone now. I was just thinking about another rider that was doing well till he went to ducati Randy depuniet. Anyway did everyone see pasini just then. lol.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

has anybody else noticed how quiet jeremy burgess is ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes Eddl

I can't see him continuing beyond this year regardless of what seat Rossi's scrawny arse ends up on. Burgess is plainly pissed with his rider and has said as much during this Ducati saga.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

eddl

Now that you mention it nothing from burgess. Probably sick of the same question over and over. Probably sick of ducati giving them a bike that can't be tuned through set up.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Burgess late 2010

"I haven't met a motorcycle yet I cannot set-up"

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Parris

Lets not forget, this shit bike as you like to call it, won 3 of the final 5 races of the 2010 season. A large part due to the riding of Stoner admittedly, but 3 wins non the less. Rossi was shocked to the core on first riding the bike shortly afterwards, a shock that he has never recovered from. 

If Ducati are so unaccommodating, why were there so many hybrids of the 2011/2012 Ducatis during the season, forcing Rossi to start from pit lane in Aragon because of the numerous chassis developments introduced to try and improving the GP11's handling? 

Why doe's his feedback from testing parts go from "we have improved" to "we have made no improvement" come race day? 

And ultimately, why is he not significantly or consistently quicker then Barbera? I don't hate Rossi, but I do think he is short changing Ducati AND his fans.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Oldengrey

Sep 09

Oldengrey says:

?

Did Rossi ever race the GP10??

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Markymark

Yeah I agree that Rossi got the shock of his life when he got to ride the ducati. 

Rossi has previously played this same game with manufacturers. If the bike is no good and cant win he will not try compensate and get mediocre results. He rides the bike and gets ordinary results to spur the manufacturer to get develop and fix the bike. He wrote this in his book. 

Rossi will not risk his neck like stoner did, win or bin. Points wise it works our same or worse using the win/bin method. Though I honestly don't think the bikes ducati have given rossi are capable of winning. 

It doesn't matter how many hybrids ducati made none of them were any good. When Honda made a heap of new frames for the riders to try all the frames worked. Each Honda rider chose a different frame. The honda frames were all good and that worked just slighly different suiting different riders. Ducati can't even produce one good frame in years. 

Why does Rossi say sometimes it is good and other times no its crap. I think he has to say some positive things when they bring out something new. Either that or its a matter of there are so many changes that they keep messing themselves up. 

At the end of the day Rossi and Stoner asked for the same things to be fixed and ducati today still have not fixed those same problems. Craze. 

Why is Rossi not faster than the other guys. There are so many reasons. The factory bike is bad. Last year one of the other riders was using an old alu frame which was superior to the shit factory CF/hybrid frames. Mainly I think its down to rossi saying to ducati he is not going to bust his gut, risk binning it for fifth or sixth place. I think he is sending ducati a strong message that half messures/fixes and half sticking to ducati mythology CF, 90 degree L engines/hybrids are not going to be enough. Rossi is saying to ducati no half measures/hybrids, a complete new bike with contemporary known winning elements twin spa alu, i4 v4 etc etc. re short changing. 

Rossi is good but I dont think he or any other rider can make up the seconds that are needed to reach Yamaha and Honda. I don't think any rider can. I think Stoner would be getting his usuual fifth or worse in the championship standings on the current ducati.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Paris you effluent filled French river

I think what Rossi is saying after initially relishing the prospect of riding a proper old school hairy chested G.P prototype machine, and after 'safely' chucking the thing down the road eleven times 2011 is....'I'm not good enough for this machine'

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices