Skip to content

Discuss This Daft insurance quote! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Daft insurance quote!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

courier steve  says:

Daft insurance quote!

Has anyone else had an insurance quote for as high as mine?. I've had a quote come through on my mobile from Telebikes for £91,665.75. I'm not a high risk rider, in fact I own a Kawasaki Z1000 on an 03 plate that has a Meta alarm, disc lock and ground anchor. I have a clean licence and have been riding with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 July 2012 16:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GrazzerFazer

Feb 11

GrazzerFazer says:

Bloody Hell

No my experience was slightly different, I insured with Bennets and got a quote of £286 for my Gixer, so I went on Compare the Market and got a quote from Bennets of £147, with the same company providing the same cover on the smae bikewhen I rang them to buy it I asked them to explain how come the huge price difference and they couldn't.

Be careful with insurance

Reply to this Topic
couriersteve

Aug 08

couriersteve says:

The cost of insurance

Needless to say i don`t think i`ll be buying that policy. For that sort of money i could buy and insure a brand new Z1000, pay off my morgage and buy a night out with Gemma Arterton. Seen her in St Trinian`s?. WOW. Anyway, Thank`s for the advice and i`ll see what Compare the market can offer apart from a meerkat. Stay safe and upright. STEVE.

Reply to this Topic
Dr Mengle

Apr 03

Dr Mengle says:

They're all bent

Just had a renewal quote from Carol Nash for £598. I paid £312 last year. (2 bikes, an RT1200 & a GS650).  No claims ever !! Renewed with Bennets for £299 for the exact same cover (double checked). 

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Ah.. the uninformed rant....

The reason for some companies quoting stupid prices is,

They pay the comparison site a fee to be on the list of results, sorta like advertising.
One of the conditions of this is that they must provide a quote regardless of the price.

If they dont want the business, for many reasons like "to risky" or "not enough profit" in it for them, they just price themselves out of the market.

If that makes sense.

Reply to this Topic
couriersteve

Aug 08

couriersteve says:

Cost of biking

I completely understand that every-one out there has to make a few quid to run a buisness and a lot of insurance cost has been put up by this "where there`s blame there`s a claim" culture. I do generally go with the same insurer`s coz it`s a pain in the arse to fill out those on-line form`s only to get to the last page and have a message pop up to say that they cannot quote you at that moment so give the office a call and you have to go through the whole process again. 

i guess i`ll just have to spend my next sunday off work chasing up a cheaper quote and not watching the bike racing on TV. Sorry to you guy`s that spend all your time entertaining us mortal`s by ziping round the track at break-neck  speed, (much respect)  but i`m gonna be stuck at my computer trying to save a few quid.  

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

ZZR Insurance

My ZZR600E7 was £5 to insure this year. Yes, FIVE.

It's so cheap to run that I really can't sell it :-)

Reply to this Topic
couriersteve

Aug 08

couriersteve says:

Quote me happy

From one extreme to the other eh?. Do you think it`s a kawasaki thing?. I bet even Ben Wilson never has had to pay over £91000.00 for insurqance. Just out of interest, who`s the £5 policy with?. 

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

£5 insurance

It's with Swinton. By using cashback websites, and getting £30 cash back from Swinton, my insurance ended up at £5.

I suppose my 9 yrs NCD and VERY low crime area also helps a bit :-)

But it's still a 160ish mph bike

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Big differences in Ins Costs

I had to take a break from biking and lost my continuous no claims discount - I'm 49 , been riding for nearly 30 years, have never made a claim on my car insurance 25yrs+++++ncd, have built up 1 years biking NCD on a 600 naked - this years premium £350 absolute cheapest - tried a quote for a 'Blade...£2400...all the other comparison sites refused to quote me... so won't be upgrading anytime soon! !! If you want a big bike, get a classic ! Although I kindly quote my car insurance above (1.6 mini MPV) , that's been increasing by an easy 15% each year - my cars worth £2k and my insurance is £400...it's all a scam, but I feel really sorry for young drivers / riders starting out in life...

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Never had much trouble with my bike insurance till this year . I have had a multi  bike policy for some time with big classic bikes covered , my basic bike was a 1100 Goldwing outfit  costing  £ 55 pound per year & all the other bikes added at £ 8  each . You could own upto 70 bikes on the one policy . This year my company [equity red star] put up the cover on my modern bikes nearly 50% but the classic cover remained low . After much messing and Emails , letters & phone calls I fell-out with Equity , moved my classic bikes to "just motorcycle insurance " on the go compare website & my modern stuff to Swinton . I still don"t feel  happy with either cover but was just glad to be back on the road after weeks of negative problems . One company quoted me £ 800 for my outfit , but finally got it insured for £ 69 , just shows what you can do if you keep trying ! . Some companies refused cover on bikes over 25 years old , most refused to cover outfits ,and something else I can look foreward to - no over 70 bikers with a few companies . It"s great motorcycling  init ? .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices