Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi happier with wet race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi happier with wet race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi happier with wet race

It won’t come as a big surprise considering Valentino Rossi’s struggle to make Ducati’s factory GP12 machine a consistent podium threat in the dry that the Italian won’t shed any tears if Sunday’s Sachsenring MotoGP clash takes place in the rain.Rossi’s only podium so far in 2012 came in a wet race at Le Mans when he claimed a personal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 July 2012 19:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
notofthisearth

Feb 06

cant compare

You can't compare this years ducati to stoners 2007 machine. firstly it had a completely different type of chassis and engine. It also happened to be that Ducati caught the entire paddock sleeping with a machine that was blisteringly fast compared to where everyone else's 800s started. Come the 2008 season that dominance ended when manufacturers lifted there game. both stoner and rossi are phenomenally gifted riders and anyone who thinks that Stoner would go any faster than rossi on this seasons bike didn't bother watching the 2008, 2009 seasons. it wasn't until the very end when the championship was already sewn up that stoner managed anything significant. Is Rossi doing as good as we had hoped! No. Is his potential greater than what he has achieved on a Ducati? Most certainly. You can't argue with history as it is already written, the man is a 9 times world champion and has beat everyone in the paddock at many times on different machinery. That talent doesn't suddenly disappear.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

@notofthisearth

I agree. But I have no doubt for just one lap Stoner can put this bike on P1. But I do agree that stoner would also struggle on this bike. That said, I can see Stoner still finishing in top 5. He will bin the bike trying to push it, and I have no doubt that he would at least win 4 races. But as for Stoner winning Championship wit Ducati, I think that ended when he had the lactose issue. He had a pretty good shot at winning it again in 2008, but Rossi was the better racer and cunning at mind games. 2009 and 2010, Duicati/Stoner was looking shaky, but if he was back on Ducati 2011, I reckon things could have been a little different. You also have to remember the amount of resources which Rossi has and the lack of resources which Stoner got when he was at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

notofthis...

"anyone who thinks that Stoner would go any faster than rossi on this seasons bike didn't bother watching the 2008, 2009 seasons"

Isn't Hayden consistently qualifying & finishing ahead of Rossi at the moment (in anything other than the wet)?... despite Rossi's 2nd place they're still only separated by 2 points... & you think Stoner would be not only worse than Hayden but as bad as Rossi too...

... oooooookay :blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

H5

I am sure you think Stoner would put a CRT on pole. Casey is top three for sure. If casey were that much better than everyone else he should be on pole every race by at least three quarters a second. It just doesn't seem to be the case that casey is that much faster. Stoner doesn't stand head and shoulders above everyone by half a second each race. I think even if casey went back to his win or bin form where he had to win to get paid I still am sot sure he would be able to get pole.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi?

"2010.. and seven races in like we are now..Hayden was 4th in the standings. Stoner was 6th."

Erm... what made you say that?... they had 69 points a piece... 4,4,4,4,7,8 for NH against 5,4,5,3,3, for CS... & that was despite Stoner having an extra DNF... Hayden was never in touch again throughout the rest of the season.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Parris...

"If casey were that much better than everyone else he should be on pole every race by at least three quarters a second"

I was only saying I think he's a better rider, especially on a Ducati, than Hayden, who in the dry is as good as or better than Rossi from what we've seen so far. If you think Hayden's in the same league fair enough... you're entitled to your opinion. I don't think either of the factory Ducati riders would agree with you.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

QP Results

Po. Name    Team                     Gap First
1STONER C.Repsol Honda Team1:31.796
2SPIES B.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.193
3PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team+0.285
4CRUTCHLOW C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.492
5LORENZO J.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.585
6BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+0.714
7HAYDEN N.Ducati Team+0.999
8DOVIZIOSO A.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.409
9ROSSI V.Ducati Team+1.421
10ESPARGARO A.Power Electronics Aspar+2.104
11BAUTISTA A.San Carlo Honda Gresini+2.292
12BARBERA H.Pramac Racing Team+2.746
13EDWARDS C.NGM Mobile Forward Racing+2.853

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Parris, he got pole......again.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Parris, he got pole......again.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

STONER BEST OF ALL TIME....

WOW .......ain`t Rossi quick in the wet ???

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices