You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Avon road riders

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

marcec

Aug 10

marcec says:

Avon road riders

Hi All looking for a bit of info ... i recently had these put on by a well known fitting outfit and on checking them before going out riding the other day i find that the rear has started to crack down the centre groove. The pressures are fine and they stick like shit to a blanket..... what i want to know is this normal (the cracking that is .... ) after 120 miles or so of riding? I'm thinking not. They were put on in may.

cheers all Marc.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 July 2012 06:39)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Cracking

tyres need replacing,what sizes are your tyres for finding another brand?

Also do they have innertubes in?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
marcec

Aug 10

marcec says:

cracking

no tubes and not even scrubbed in really. been back to the company this morning to be told 'not interested mate, you have to go to the manufacturer' i wont name them as i will be taking this further.... :dopeyhmmmm:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cracking

They are responsable for providing faulty goods,

http://www.bits4motorbikes.co.uk/BMW/BMWR80ST(319)tyres.html

are these your sizes?

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Your contract

is with your dealer / fitter, therefore you need to go back to them and NOT Avon themselves. The dealer can take it up with the manufacturers.

Don't let them fob you off.

Reply to this Topic
marcec

Aug 10

marcec says:

tyres

yep thats the ones .... trading standards have got involved as have Cooper tires and the manager of the establishment as two of the parties feel it could be a dodgy batch if so .... big recall job on....

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If it is

a dodgy batch, then other (unrelated) dealers will also have the same problem too.

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

It's more than a faulty batch problem I think. I know someone who's had this happen to two consecutive sets on a  Laverda, (he replaecd like for like as the first set were almost worn anyway). I've had two on a BMW K I had, both cracked around the circumference, first one had only done 200 miles since fitting, Avon replaced it directly after going through the supplier and communicating between us, they offered to pay fitment too, (i fit my own though), the second one, hadn't covered 100 miles, (I fitted it then sold the bike before i'd turned a wheel, it was already up for sale BTW), new owner told me he had to replace it after about 100 miles, exact same problem.

I'm very wary of them now and it's a crying shame as they're a great all round tyre.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices