Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama

Dani Pedrosa’s love affair with Germany’s Sachsenring track continued today after the Spaniard survived intense pressure from Repsol Honda team-mate Casey Stoner to win for the first time since last October. There was late drama in the 30-lap race as reigning world champion Stoner crashed out of second at the penultimate corner. But take nothing away from Pedrosa, who set the fastest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 July 2012 12:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Phew...

Brilliant ride from Dani... fastest lap on the last one proving that Bridgestone have overcome their tyre woes & it would appear Honda have cured their set-up problems for the time being at least (until they change again of course)... Stoner pushing too hard payed the price as did Cal... it's all good for the championship... roll on Mugello!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Epic racing.

Wow and how dramatic can that get Stoner crashing with not much to go Sachensring always prodices great racing last year and this year too Dani is a master when it comes to Germany and he showed today why hats off to him. Best thing about today was Bautista did not wipe anybody out which was pleasing. How close can it get for Ben another opportunity I think if there was another lap he would have had Dovizioso for that final podium place 4th aint bad again and he also aint far off the Ducati guys in the standings and race wrecker just a matter of time when that podium comes. Roll on Mugello next weekend.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

intriguing

love the sachsenring, the close twisty circuit has always thrown up good races. Last years race I would consider one of the best races I have seen

Absolutely fabulous Race from Dani!!  took a leaf out of Stoners race from Assen. Fastest lap of the race on the last lap!?! fkn brilliant and some people say he isnt worthy to be in Repsol Honda!...pfffffffff

As for Stoner, well he put on a good show but even midway through the race it looked like Dani had it. Atleast if Casey wins the championship this year people wont moan about "oh he was lucky, Jorge got taken out etc etc ".

HAVE honda found something? blooody hell Jorge was absolutely nowhere in the race!! maybe it was to do with his bung leg, but even the other Yamahas were way down on the Honda...and all the pundits had said this was a Yamaha track.IF Honda have found somthing to cure the chatter then  Casey doesnt need to worry about losing the gap in the championship...i fear its gonna be a repeat of last season..

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Crutchlow

you dopey tit. If I understood his chief mechanic right while talking to Azi Crutchlow said he was just waiting before he passed Dovi. Waiting ?! if you've got the speed (as clearly you did by the way you caught upto Dovi and Spies) fucking get on by. Quit this waiting nonsence. All that speed that Cal clearly had in the corners and he only had one genuine attempt to get passed Dovi. And Cal's starts are becoming a joke.

As for Spies, well he still hasn't done anything this year to justify his spot in the works team next year, once again being outpaced by the satelite boys.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Ah... fuck it!

It's one of the slowest tracks of the season, I doubt it proves much about whether or not the honda has improved and with Georgey still a bit ginger, you're mental to draw conclusions.

What was Casey thinking... trying to win a race ffs! And dicing??? Ludicrous!

I've got an old bullbar hangin' on the fence down the back shed, I'm gonna send it to Calvin so he can barge those slow, brake checking fkrs outta the way!

6th for Flo! That's gotta be a dry record hasn't it? Fk, Kleenex and Sorbolene stocks through the roof!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Wow that was a Super race

First, Congrats Dani boy. Go Dani. That is the best fight I think I have ever seen him put up. I hope he can take this and ride with this mentality every race. 

They were both at 100 percent the whole way. Thanks to stoner for being there for such an excitng race. This is what I mean when I say it would be better to have rossi on a competitive bike. Without him being competitive its less exciting. When casey goes we will miss him fighting. More people battling more fun and entertainment. 

Cal and Dovi, they are so even its not funny. Super suspenseful race watching these two. The competition between these two I think is only going to get hotter and hotter. 

Spies looking better. Still not great but at least not totally embarrassing. 

Yay wooohooo Bradl. Someone new in the mix. 

Honda look frighteningly fast and on rails. Yamaha looking ordinary by comparison. New frames for Honda and wow. Or is it that Lorenzo still feeling a little sore from last round. 

Ahhhh ducati pos. Anyone want to tell me that casey is 1 second a lap faster than rosssi and hayden and would win or pol that ducati pos. Delusional you would be. Ducati should look at honda. Honda had problems with the new tyres, build new frames that actually work (take note ducati working new frame) , fixed within a matter of a few rounds. Ducati big head factory just cant make a good frame even after four years. Go ducati 90 degree L CF dry clutch etc etc, you can't be told.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny

Dovi was holding  Cal up . okay fare enough Cal couldnt get past , but yet , Dovi couldnt pull away .

Theres not much between those two.......

Spies , getting better.....i suppose.......just!!.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Benny what is so funny shame Dovi couldn't pull away once he passed Ben and #11 caught up shades of Sachensring last year where he almost had him on the finish line.

Expect a new deal for #11 at Laguna from Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Yeah

Someone mentioned below that Dani was fastest on the last lap. I think Dani has Caseys number now in terms of strategy. Stoner will leave a bit in the bank till the last laps or last lap itself catching the others out. This time Dani punched it on the last lap. I was really impressed with that. I am worried that this is Danis best track and it will be situation normal next round. Oh welll lets see. Those that say if casey wins the championship now Lorenzo and his fans cant complain. Thats BS because casey crashed all on his own, Lorenzo got taken out. Lorenzo should be around forty points in front in the championship if it wasn't for bautista. TBH if you ask at the question now who should be in the second factory Yama, it should be dovi. Dovi has been impressive. I like spies but it sux if he gets it cause of being American.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Boo bloody hoo.

Gutted.  I guess the extra 5pts was a gamble worth taking. Oh well, God loves a trier.

Dani.......pushed the whole race an held his nerve. Congrats, fantastic ride. Cal, sign that Duke contract while you still have the chance! Too many races now where he's playing catch-up through unforced errors. Hopefully he'll 'take stock' soon. An unhappy Jorge is now a happy Jorge, a solid ride from Dovi and again capitalises from the mistakes of others. Good ride. Nice to see Ben staying with the Tech3's again, it's making the 'second tier' more exciting.

Off to buy some more 'Kleenex' :( 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices