Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama

Dani Pedrosa’s love affair with Germany’s Sachsenring track continued today after the Spaniard survived intense pressure from Repsol Honda team-mate Casey Stoner to win for the first time since last October. There was late drama in the 30-lap race as reigning world champion Stoner crashed out of second at the penultimate corner. But take nothing away from Pedrosa, who set the fastest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 July 2012 12:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny - quote corrected

No idea how that happened

Podium - any relevance? 

More relevant - 8 races to date, score 5 - 3 to Dovi so far in terms of fnishing in front of each other. Cal more consistent as he has scored points in all races.

If one of them was scoring podiums each race with genuine finishing positions I'd agree with you. They're not. 2 of Dovi's podiums are due to others' circumstances moving him up places. 

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Grow-up?

Ahh sorry Benny, I forget that when someone disagrees you resort to insults.

Let me try one: clearly your infatuation exceeds your intellect - hardly a long distance though was it...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

cthwaites

Thanks for the reply - as it was a genuine series of questions I put, not retorical.

I'm not a marketing bod, so not really aware of what is achieved through sponsorship, promotions, supported riders etc.

I've always wondered about the validity of the 'passport rider' tag.

Having said that, I just feel he had a bad start to the season - bad luck with a cracked frame in Qatar and cracked visor in the rain at Le Mans, a couple of below par performances, then more bad luck with tyres in Silverstone and Assen.

He's better than his current position - but today was not a good one again. Still has the second half of the season left to turn in a good finishing position.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Bulto, if you look at the 2011 results it will show Dovi was the perfect foil for Caseys run to the championship. After Danis injury, Dovi did exactly what was needed by HRC and took away points from Lorenzo. Yeah sure, I dont think anyone is gonna bet the mortgage on Dovi being a title contender, who is basically a steady points accumulator who can ocasionally rack up podiums.... If yamaha want some American dude to sell more yamahas then so be it, that must be the only reason he will get a factory Yamaha ride next year, because as far as helping your teamate out...its been pretty pathetic from Ben so far....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Spies race was hampered by the fact that he was forced to run the hard tyre and this compromised his race in fact he only missed the podium by 0.071 seconds his race was just like last year had grip issues but then his patience paid off as he caught both Tech 3 riders he had the pace to beat them but not enough in hand to out brake them so it was more of a waiting game.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny

Where Crutchlow finishes at the end of the year makes no difference to me, nice to see him do well, but that's it.

You seem a little uptight as to where Dovi finishes.

My view on the two is that there is little between them, no straws needed for that.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Benny, one more fact for you..

..you're really boring..

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

quote from crashnet..lmao

“I'm pretty disappointed, I had planned to go for my 'win or bin' effort in the last corner, not that one!” said Stoner with a wry smile.

“I was comfortable for the whole race and felt we had a few tenths a lap over Dani.

“Then on the final lap I made a small mistake going into the first turn and knew I couldn't pass at the bottom of the hill [where he went on to crash].

“I basically just wanted to turn the bike underneath and get a good run going into the final turn, where I was confident I could make the pass.

“But as soon as I went to turn the bike in a little bit harder, the front just went away from me and it was 'game over'.”

Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo was 15 seconds behind the Repsol riders at that point and Stoner slammed the trackside marshals for not helping him rejoin.

“[The fall is] disappointing for sure, but for me the most disappointing thing about it was the marshals," he said.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

WTF

NO wonder stoner gets labeled a moaner. This form casey after the race and complaining about the marshals again. "It's not a small dinky track. This track, this afternoon, I wouldn't have been on full throttle for more than a second at any one time due to the grip levels. Nice one casey. He just comes across as being sour. Stoner admits mistakes and errors with a "but".

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Stoner complaining he had a valid point when he got knocked off by Rossi at Jerez last year but his latest outburst its racing it happens unfortunately today it was Casey on the recieving end.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices