Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa victorious after late drama

Dani Pedrosa’s love affair with Germany’s Sachsenring track continued today after the Spaniard survived intense pressure from Repsol Honda team-mate Casey Stoner to win for the first time since last October. There was late drama in the 30-lap race as reigning world champion Stoner crashed out of second at the penultimate corner. But take nothing away from Pedrosa, who set the fastest...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 July 2012 12:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

benny

Dovi leads the factory Yamaha rider - Ben Spies by an ever increasing margin of 31pts.

Dovi is 6 places ahead of the factory Yamaha rider - Ben Spies, in the championship.

being ahead of spies counts for nothing, rossi who you have described as a spent force is ahead of spies.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

pacey

Benny is a church minister,and we know what they are in the news for.....enough said.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

acanada

being ahead of spies counts for nothing, rossi who you have described as a spent force is ahead of spies.

Wow! A poor Spies is Vales(the GOAT?) new benchmark. ;)

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

pacey

Nicky's ahead of spies as well,that make him top yank.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hayden ahead of Spies not by much just a matter of time and he will be overhauled.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

2nd is just 1st loser!

I think Mat Mladin said that, but he may have stole it from someone else.

Casey's mantra is go for wins and the championship will take care of itself, and even though Dani was pushing very hard on the last lap, Casey still went for it.  Great race, though Honda won't be happy about the lost opportunity.  Jorge was very happy to take 3rd with his bruised body, so to be on top must give him a lot of pain relief.

I didn't see the aftermath of the accident but it was obvious Casey was hoping to salvage something as he was back at the bike about a second after it came to a halt.  It was a fast crash but the bike looked intact, so I can see why he wanted to try to get it back out there.  Maybe the marshalls were slow to react or perhaps they thought it was an unsafe place to re-enter the track.  It would be good to have some policies that all marshalls at all tracks would adhere to, as it would eliminate the crash lottery that sometimes seems to happen.

I thought Cal, Ben and Andrea all looked like riders racing for their next contract, which made it a great battle too.  Very little between them, so Dovi won out narrowly after Cal tried a little too hard and Ben tried a little too little.  Will it seal the deal for the factory rides?   Who knows .... but I know for a fact that Yamaha are NOT monitoring MCN to see what they should do, so you may as well all STFU!

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

shooting fish in a barrel

Pacey and yamaha, why must you embarass yourselves so . Yamaha since you insist on bringing rossi into a conversation that he was not mentioned in i can only assume that you are stupid and that you are jealous of the great one, Rossi of course had 7 world titles to his name compared to caseys whimper 2 so it is understandable to use him as the ultimate bench mark. As for indie you pathetic fool jorge was challenging rossi for the world championship so win it or bin it rules apply obviously( lorenzo did quite well in the following 2 races didnt he). I will now try to speak in simpleton terms for you. Casey was ahead of his championship rival and so only needed to stay in front of him. That is where the win or bin it rule is unnecessary and foolish as we all saw. Rossi knew the difference. So yeah he was a fool to try to steal danis glory. Now pacey the 1986 vfr won the ama championship over the 1986 gsxr thanks to wayne rainey and several transatlantic races as well. AND rocket ron took a bog standard 1986 vfr, put 250 gp tires on it and finished 3rd at donington against Factory machines. Posing down the pub does not make you a good rider. Neither does the bike. Im sure you have lots of chicken strip left on the edge of your tire there"fast-in-a-straight-line-only"guy

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Bradl is still ahead of Spies, even though the German has had one DNF.  speaks volumes to me ....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Being one point ahead speaks volumes what have you been on ?

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

jorge was challenging rossi for the world championship

And yet to finish off the podium - Pedrosa isnt?

and you're absolutely right about Rossi, i can't argue his undisputed win record on the Ducati - him being the only man to match that aussie guy... oh wait, he still hasn't got his first win yet? My bad.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices