Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Luck swings back to Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Luck swings back to Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Luck swings back to Jorge Lorenzo

Eight days after his luck deserted him in the historic Dutch TT at Assen, fortune swung back in favour of factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo in Germany yesterday. Lorenzo was gifted back the lead in the world championship after Aussie rival Casey Stoner crashed out on the final lap while battling for victory with Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa. Stoner’s error promoted...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 08:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Hardly gifted

I don't see how you can consider Stoner crashing of his own accord being a gift to Lorenzo. This is racing. A gift is when Lorenzo was torpedoed by bautista through no fault of lorenzos at all. That was a gift to stoner. This is not racing. To even it up Stoner needs to be taken out by someone else though no fault of his own. You never know specially the way Bautista is riding it could happen. Lorenzo should be 40 points ahead in the championship.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

are you not entertained.

thats why i been a stoner fan for so many years. was bad that he crashed , but not before giving his all a mile over the limit . that riding is what makes racing so spectacular. too many riders holding back these days for fear of losing points and that makes boring racing. kudos stoner , that was breath taking stuff.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

One way of looking at it Dacron...

Then again, i suppose you had a good few years telling yourself that shit over and over again watching a Stoner crash fest year after year.... ha ha ha

Yeah, it really was breath taking stuff seeing him sliding off into the gravel and binning all those championship points... I bet Honda were thinking "Wow..... what a hero!!"  Ha ha ha ha

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

How things can change in the space of a week obviously it wasn't nice to see Casey crash but at the end thats racing it happens. 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Parris bang on. Casey fans have spent the last couple of years telling us all how he has matured and takes the maximum points when the win isn't there. Nows it's the complete opposite, just like their rider say whatever comes into their heads no matter how much it contradicts their previous comments.. After this weekends debacle can we at least put to be the casey is the only one who a) tells the truth and b) tells it like it is.. Their really isn't a bigger bullshitter out there.. Blaming the 6 engine rule for not finishing after blaming the marshals, then blaming Dorna,(only a small cross section if his bullshit) well casey, it can't be both and honda wanted the 6 engine rule not dorna.. and yes even that's another reason why he's leaving... he's a fucking numpty.. Casey is the lucky one, if he'd been taken out this season then he would be really struggling he'd be nearly 50 points back, Anyone know if Jorge used an old engine.. 1st and 2nd were too far infrotn but had 3rd covered, would have been a good race to get it out of the way..

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

racing.

well moaner. iv'e been a fan of stoner for a very long time , not for championships mate , but for the heart and soul that he rides with. people complain of boring races , its because everyone's scared of losing points and won't push in the last few laps if they are over the limit and the leader is on full tilt. i'm not concerned about his points loss , i have no doubt he will work them back , and if he don't then at least he will entertain trying.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

thats a huge lean.

@hugelean. the win was there mate , he was on pedro's tail pipe. his bike was in great shape and he was going to use it to win. shit can happen and for the first time since joining honda it actually happened. what do you want? do you want great racing or do you enjoy processions? at least he admitted he was going for a win or bin , takes a hell of a lot of guts at those speeds. get off ya dinky.

Reply to this Topic
xavi

Jul 12

xavi says:

Pussy-mouth

Has anyone noticed Jorge Lorenzo has pussy-mouth?

I can't believe that Rossi lose in 2010 because of him. Stupid pussy-mouth copy cat!

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

I feel sullied

Just by reading this shite.  What sort of real motorcycle racing fan takes such pleasure in a rider crashing?  Sorry - that was a rhetorical question so don't expend your daily quota of brain power trying to connect the 2 synapses in your skull.  The answer is - no real racing fan takes such pleasure in a rider crashing.

But wankers do.

When Casey retires at the end of the season there will be gloating galore from the MCN fucknuckles.  Meanwhile the real racing fans will be shaking their heads.

It was a great round - lots of hard racing with everyone in the top 10 (apart from Jorge) battling to the end - and the championship changing twist at the penultimate corner topped the drama meter for 2012.

So why don't you bearded ladies take your packets of gravel and go stone a leper for entertainment.  Pillocks.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Restart

George,Dani and Casey start season 2 within a season post Mugello. As ever a very smart and smooth as silk ride from Lorenzo. Percentage player and ruthlessly efficient. A bummer for him in Assen and a self induced bummer for Casey in Sachsenring. Lets see how they stand going into the break post Mugello.

The silky smooth M1 propogated by Lorenzo in 1000cc guise on the flowing circuit bodes well for him unlike Sachsenring. But,who knows ? Massive Ducati horsepower down that immense straight ? Will Bridgestone handle + 350. That remains to be seen and I cant wait.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices