Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Ben Spies slowed by rear grip issues MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Ben Spies slowed by rear grip issues

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Ben Spies slowed by rear grip issues

Ben Spies is still searching for his first MotoGP podium of the season after he lost out in a rostrum battle with Andrea Dovizioso for the second time in eight days. A badly chunked rear tyre cost Spies third to Dovizioso on the final lap in Assen and a lack of rear grip cost the Texan the chance to overhaul the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 08:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Frustrated really losing out to that Honda reject again 4th aint bad but the podium would have been nice. Spies season is reminding me of the season Hayden had in 2010 missing out on the podium by tiny fractions.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Lord knows

I cant work this one out. I mean really more tyre issues. I tend to believe him, I don't think he is a BS artist. And Bridgestoe have been craptastic. I really like Spies, he is a good bloke but he is performing woefully by comparison to the same bikes a few generations older. He seems to be getting a little better over the last few races thought it isn't completely clear to me where it will go. Just have to wait and see over the next few races I suppose. Oh yeah with Cal and Dovi. Looking at the results as of now, Dovi is clearly the one to pick. I would be disappointed if the the lesser performing rider got the gig. This is the same as I would be disappointed if Ben go the gig with worse results just cause of his passport. Sorry Brits just the way it looks now. Yes Cal and Dovi look so very close on track but Cal goes off quite a bit. The good news is that I think there needs to be a few more races to work out who is better than who between Ben, Cal and Dovi. stay nice

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Benny get used to the fact that you are boring as some have said on here.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Obvious Really

I don't believe BS has lost his ability,I don't believe his bike is different to his teamates AND I don't believe he has just been unlucky. I do however think if his data was analysed correctly and compared to either his team mates or even that of the riders in the satelite they would discover the answer ie that his riding style is somehow different which is causing excessive tyre wear.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Or ----------

Or just maybe he needs to loose weight !

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

One question springs into my mind is there a weak link on Spies side of the garage crew members.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

If there's

one thing that Spies does need to do is to get rid of that ridiculous looking font of his race number. There's got to be a better style for the number 11.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

THE. ANSWER IS -------

Yes,yes, IVe got it----- Theres a. SPY in Spies camp  SORTED !

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Benny - thank you for the voice of reason on here, while the winds of insanity blow inside elbowz' head.  the facts speak for themselves.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Your post from last night Cosher the wanker even Bradl is ahead of Spies speaks volumes what a point ahead only thats a fact for you there.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices