Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Ben Spies slowed by rear grip issues MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Ben Spies slowed by rear grip issues

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Ben Spies slowed by rear grip issues

Ben Spies is still searching for his first MotoGP podium of the season after he lost out in a rostrum battle with Andrea Dovizioso for the second time in eight days. A badly chunked rear tyre cost Spies third to Dovizioso on the final lap in Assen and a lack of rear grip cost the Texan the chance to overhaul the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 08:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

yes elbowz, it does speak volumes

are you so deluded that the comparison completely eludes you? let me spell it out for you (as i know you're not one to dwell on facts for too long).

Bradl is five years younger than Spies and is a MotoGP rookie, with a grand total of eight races in the premier class. he's on a satellite Honda and is ahead of Spies at the moment in the standings. Spies is on a full factory Yamaha, in his third season in MotoGP, and has ridden in 45 top flight races.

so this is forward progress for Spies?!

maybe Bradl is a better bet, however, in the long term. he's now into his eighth consectutive GP season and is a current GP World Champion. he's also ridden in a total of 95 GPs. i wonder if Spies will be able to match that one day?

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

hmm

I think its time for spies to say good bye to Tom and some of his mechanics. I just can't understand why they still struggling to put a good set-up for spies to race on. How come they always have problem on rear during the race and not in the FP? IMO something has to change internally and it will start from Tom to the mechanics and who ever else is not doing their job. With Casey retiring at the end of this season. His crew chief CG will be looking for a new job and rider to work with. I think yamaha should think about that if they going to give spies a new contract.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yes I agree he needs to split with Tom.

CG with Spies is interesting I would welcome that for sure if it happened. I do think its in the best interest of the rider that Ben splits with Houseworth I also think with an experienced crew chief his results will improve come on Ben do it for your own sake.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Bradl was gifted a Moto2 World Championship

Currently he has been a bust along with Bautista on the Honda satellite bikes. To be fighting with the Ducati's shit pigs instead of the Tech 3 Yamahas is lacking in talent for the Honda satellite riders. 

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

denial ...

elbowz, first it was the M1 frame, then his visor, then the tyres, and now it's time to blame the crew.  thank goodness Spies is totally blameless regarding his mediocre results this season.  unless he can't actually tell his crew the right things to set up the M1 properly of course ....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

TrollB.

Thank goodness you're a moron trolling on Spies threads everytime I post on one.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

what's the matter elbowz, are you now paranoid or just can't take the banter?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

No muppet I aint. As for the crew change more then likely Yamaha will demand it.

Reply to this Topic
mcmahonj

Jul 07

mcmahonj says:

I can't see why yamaha are being loyal to ben spies and wanting to keep him in the team when he has had such a shit season if he was british he would be out on his arse.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices