Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi content with best dry result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi content with best dry result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Valentino Rossi content with best dry result

Valentino Rossi declared himself satisfied with his first dry weather top six finish of 2012 in yesterday’s German Grand Prix, but the Italian was still almost a second a lap slower than race winner Dani Pedrosa. Rossi was content to sit in 10th at the back of a large battle involving Stefan Bradl, Hector Barbera and team-mate Nicky Hayden for much...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2012 08:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

More like BMW could make an entry in MotoGP in place of Ducati IMO.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

I'm not sure what Audi bring to the table. Anyone? Money and capital sure, but Ducati's problems seem to go a lot deeper than finance.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Audi

Have given Rossi their vote of confidence at the German GP and told him they want him to be part of the future of Ducati.

Wonder if that's like the vote of confidence football managers get from their board, just before they have their contracts ended...

On a more serious note, Rossi, in his latest interview, has bumped the blame for poor performance back onto Ducati, saying

"It's much more clever to try and improve gradually the bike we have at the moment, because starting from scratch would mean spending too much time on setting up a new machine. We have to focus on the positives of our bike and improve on the negatives: me and my crew gave some clear indications over the past few months and we need to work in this direction."

Now my memory isn't the best, but this last sentence is in direct contradiction of several statements over the last few months where he has stated he doesn't know what's wrong with the bike and he doesn't know how to fix it as he's not an engineer and that is their job (particularly after Qatar) Now it seems, he does know what's wrong with it and it's Ducati's fault for not implementing his suggestions.

As for starting from scratch with a new machine, they've already done that by giving him what he asked for, a 90% new bike with a perimeter frame. If a new bike isn't the smart thing to do and the clever thing is to develop the existing one, why didn't they employ that philosophy on the old bike.? The only thing that has improved over last year is the lack of front end losses, the performance of the bike is no better than the GP11.?? in terms of pace and results. I'd suggest the lack of front end losses is more down to the 2012 front tyres than anything to do with the alu frame design. The CF bike would probably have been getting exactly the same results as his new GP12 with 2012 tyres - it couldn't have done worse.

They seem in as big a mess and as directionless as ever.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Do I see some massaging of facts here

Rossi’s result was largely down to a change in the set-up of his factory Ducati GP12 to prolong rear tyre life, which has been a major weakness of this year’s Desmosedici.

The 33-year-old reverted back to a set-up used prior to Silverstone and Assen and he added: “We made an important step with the setting because at the last two races we used a different setting but we finished the rear tyre after three laps.

"At Silverstone and Assen my performance was very bad because after three or four laps I did not have any rear grip. It was difficult to stop the bike and I slide very much.

"The story is that we arrived to this set-up in Portugal and with this set-up I did my best races but we wanted to make it better. So Ducati tried to understand and give to us this different setting that Nicky uses and Nicky likes.

If memory serves, he arrived at Jerez after the debacle of Qatar and Jerez qualifying was just as dismal. Ducati cried enough and told him to use Hayden's settings - documented at the time, not me making it up. During the Jerez race he got quicker towards the end and set his fastest lap time in the final laps. In the next race at Estoril, he used Haydens settings again.

From the above, it seems as though in recent races he has gone in his own direction with set-up again and it hasn't worked. Reverting to the 'Estoril' in Germany improved things again.

Is it me or is that last paragraph not quite the way things were. The settings they arrived at Estoril with were Hayden's.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Bulto

Im with you on the Estoril setup thing. Rossi dicked around trying to find his own settings during FP1-3 and QP at Qatar and Jerez, and then used Hayden's come race day. Whereas when they rocked up at Estoril he used Hayden's settings from the first session. If he has now reverted to Estoril settings he's reverted to Hayden's settings, if my memory serves me correctly.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

BennyHedgehog: Its hard to know who to believe in the press. I'd read the complete opposite in another press release. I'd have thought this would have been Jorge chance to say " Come back in but I'm the boss now". But according to crash.net after meetings with Audi it looks like Rossi is going to stay with Ducati until the sort the problems out. Money rules , titles obviously don't mean as much.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi achieved great things on the Yamaha M1 as for them wanting him back it aint gonna happen after he acted like a fool when a team-mate stood up to him.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

yamaha ride

has gone,spies close to pen and paper ala im amercian!!dovi should have got the ride tbh,cal now will partner rossi in a new cash injected by audi factory team, could be good tho as 6th was beeter, ahem well 7th inc stoner, either way rossi still in the series will be good, im sure he has known staying with ducati till 2013? was the paln all along,he will have known more money was to be had.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Benny read that, does it also say that Jorge is pissed off because he didn't get told about a better Honda offer(his ex manager probably getting a back hander form Jarvis?? Coming after sachsenring it does give the impression that the honda has found it's mojo and he really should have joined Honda as it's miles ahead... So the yam is the best bike, the tyres don't work, casey has had more faulty tyres than anyone else, it's not tyre wear, Nicky is the no1 at Ducati. Jorge battered Rossi on equal kit and would love the chance to do it again.. All assigned under bin.. Life is sweet...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Benny read that, does it also say that Jorge is pissed off because he didn't get told about a better Honda offer(his ex manager probably getting a back hander form Jarvis?? Coming after sachsenring it does give the impression that the honda has found it's mojo and he really should have joined Honda as it's miles ahead... So the yam is the best bike, the tyres don't work, casey has had more faulty tyres than anyone else, it's not tyre wear, Nicky is the no1 at Ducati. Jorge battered Rossi on equal kit and would love the chance to do it again..Casey tells it like it is and is the only honest john in motogp(my personal favourite) All assigned under bin.. Life is sweet...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle