Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Late mistake costs Cal Crutchlow top five MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Late mistake costs Cal Crutchlow top five

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Late mistake costs Cal Crutchlow top five

British rider Cal Crutchlow saw his chances of recording another top five MotoGP finish ruined by a late mistake in yesterday’s German Grand Prix at the tight and twisty Sachsenring. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider was lamenting his lack of aggression in the early stages of the 30-lap race after he got involved in a race long scrap with team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2012 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Cal does seems to go off a bit more than

Oh yeah with Cal and Dovi. Looking at the results as of now, Dovi is clearly the one to pick. I would be disappointed if the the lesser performing rider got the gig. This is the same as I would be disappointed if Ben go the gig with worse results just cause of his passport. Sorry Brits just the way it looks now. Yes Cal and Dovi look so very close on track but Cal goes off quite a bit. The good news is that I think there needs to be a few more races to work out who is better than who between Ben, Cal and Dovi. stay nice

Reply to this Topic
smiffey

Jun 08

smiffey says:

Go Cal

From what I could make out the reason for Cal’s lack of speed down the straights was that his corner entry speed was faster than Dovi which slowed him slowed him down, so obviously he lost exit speed. Dovi was holding him up.

Reply to this Topic
smiffey

Jun 08

smiffey says:

Cal was faster

Sorry from an ex-racers point of view, also Steve Parrish i think you will see that Dovi was a mobile chicane.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Cal's biggest mistake

was at the start. Another good qualifying postion put to waste AGAIN because for some reason or other Cal cannot get off the line and to the first corner without letting his rivals ride on by. It's a rarity indeed if Cal actually manges to enter the first corner in the postion he started with, and Heaven forbid if he manages to make up a place or two.

Cal was complaining about the inferior brakes he was having to use, perhaps he should also check to see if he has the latest launch control system on his bike, or is Cal really that crap at getting off the line?

Reply to this Topic
smiffey

Jun 08

smiffey says:

Doomedog

I have to agree with you on his starts, however I think you will find he also has the same brakes as the works bike now.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Cal is fast but

I think Cal is fast. The problem may be he is just a little too fast to make it stick without wandering off track. Its always easy to look fast but there are serious time/races lost when you go off track. I think Cal wandered off track almost each session last weekend and maybe more than one in each session. Its brilliant this season watching the war between Cal and Dovi reaaly going for it. For us fans it can't get any better than this two fairly evenly measured riders (bring the hate) on exactly the same machines. This scenario is what we all dream about like Lorenzo and Stoner on the same bike or Stoner and rossi on the same bike. I like all these riders a lot Cal, Dovi and Spies. Sadly I have a suspicion that Spies doesn't and knows he doesn't have to give it his all cause to maintain a factory ride cause his passport earns him a lot of credit. This annoys me cause otherwise we would have a three way battle.

Reply to this Topic
ISP929

Apr 08

ISP929 says:

Long time listener first time caller

I hate to agree with Benny because I want Cal to do well but he's going backwards from where he started this season and he never looked like making a pass stick on Dovi!  Now Ben is getting back to somewhere near the front I think the best Cal can hope for is 6th in a lot of what's left in this season!

Don't get me wrong, that's still a great result....BUT will he get on the podium this year??  I don't see it...Will Spies, I'd be very surprised if not!  Will Dovi get another, I am 50-50 but I hope so...and I hope he gets the factory ride.  He does deserve it in my opinion!

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

smiffey

I know he's got the brakes he wanted. That's the snide point I'm making - Cal complained about poor brakes being a factor in not being able to match Dovi in previous races - but his biggest problem actually seems to be getting off the line as well as everyone else.

And seeing as Cal does have the Brembo's he wanted it makes it all the more a mystery why he struggled to get past Dovi. The way he caught upto Spies and Dovi gave the impression he MAY have caught upto Lorenzo had he got by.

But once again it's coulda, woulda, shoulda. But it's only six days to go to see if this time the promise that Cal shows in qualifying  will transfer to the race.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Yamaha ride out the window

Ok I know Cals chances of any Yamaha ride were slim but I was hoping he could pull it off. That crash gifted Dovi another podium. It was always going to be tough to get Spies off the factory seat but Cals got no chance now. Looks like the Yamaha line up next year is Lorenzo/Spies/Dovi and Smith. Time to take a gamble on the Duc Cal. 

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Honestly

Love Cal's honesty..no wriggling, shift the blame game or passport waving there!

"I got held up for 20 laps." "I was way out of my depth braking into turn one because of the speed disadvantage"

Some straight shooting there.  Just like the race where he said Dovi was pulling 10 bike lengths down the straight.  Also known as bullshit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle