Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Late mistake costs Cal Crutchlow top five MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Late mistake costs Cal Crutchlow top five

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Late mistake costs Cal Crutchlow top five

British rider Cal Crutchlow saw his chances of recording another top five MotoGP finish ruined by a late mistake in yesterday’s German Grand Prix at the tight and twisty Sachsenring. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider was lamenting his lack of aggression in the early stages of the 30-lap race after he got involved in a race long scrap with team-mate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Im staying positive on cal

Unlike many it seems. What is this typical Brit rider he's got no chance bullshit. Cal is fast, yes he's made mistakes and he admits it was his fault. Who knows if he had the pace he thinks he did? We'll never know. There is alot of the season left and I'm hoping to see him on the podium. GO CAL!!

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Of course he had the pace

"Who knows if he had the pace he thinks he did? We'll never know."

He says that shit after every race.  In Cal's fantasy league, he's second to Lorenzo (on countback).

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, it doesn't happen too often

..but I'm in complete agreement with you!...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Wosi'..............The positives are his raw pace and potential. He appears every bit as fast, if not faster, than Dovi and Speez both in practice and Sundays but has been a little let down by some inexperienced bull-in-a-china shop type tacticts.' 

Agreed. Cal's biggest problem seem's to be 'giving himself a chance'. Carrying injuries, poor starts and some poor 'craft' have left him on the back foot way too many times. Hopefully things will turn-round for him sooner rather than later.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

give me break...

c'mon you guys...he's fast but he's got to learn to ride with his head to get a better finish.  his starts are bad and they're costing him position.  he struggles to get by slower riders not because he hasn't got the speed, he needs to learn how.  crutchlow is a very inexperienced motogp rider with, still limited track knowledge comapred to all the factory riders and he's fith in the world championship...give me a break.

if the ball was on the other foot and it was crutchlow in the position that spies is in now on a full factory bike, being besten by crt machines and curently languishing where the much lamented toseland was a couple of years ago i would then agree with some of the daft comments posted on here, but he ain't and until he is, get a reality check and shut yer pie hole...and no i'm not a brit.

this guy is one of the hungriest guys i've seen in racing for a long time, he's trying a little too hard at the moment, imo he should take a step back and look at what he has to do get on that podium.

yours aye...

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

deal done

parish stated he feels the ducati deal is done,and rossi is also swayed by audi to stay,i dont ever believe either had a facotry yamaha seat tbh, but maybe at ducati cal can find the erm agression the duke needs, he clearly was faster than spies and dovi but just did not want to settle for it, makes a champion if you ask me.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bloody Hell Wosi

Hat-trick

I agree with your last post too

You talk some sense when Stoner and Ross are out of the topic...

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Yet again crutchlow admits to not being aggressive enough early on ummmm not the first time thats been mentioned by HIM this year and he claims he's the man to make the duke work! im not so sure

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Potential energy

Ben seemed to have it a couple of years back, but it is leaking away fast.  Hard to know how much time he has left to regain the mojo.  Andrea is a proven journeyman who rarely has a bad race, but he also rarely has a spectacular one either.  He is the typecast wingman but not in the same class as Dani.

Cal is like Marco last year - lots of energy and enthusiasm, but a little lacking in wisdom sometimes.  Actually that may be unfair ..... Cal's bonehead moves have only hurt himself rather than other riders (or at least I can't remember any), so I am puzzled why the same people who were cheering for Marco last year are giving Cal such a hard time.

I think he WILL get a factory ride, but it may not be in 2013.  I think he is better off staying on the best satellite bike and seeing how things pan out next year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices