Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Casey Stoner makes last lap blunder MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Casey Stoner makes last lap blunder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Casey Stoner makes last lap blunder

Casey Stoner blew a golden chance to seize the outright lead in the MotoGP world championship yesterday when he crashed out of contention for victory at Germany’s Sachsenring track on the final lap. The Australian was bracing himself for a last corner attack on Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa but he lost the front of his factory RC213V machine two corners...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 12:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

leemuz

A good racing head would have settled for second and took the championship points.....!!

Stoner can't win whatever he does in the eyes of many. Jeez.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

BULTO

All but the last couple of laps was boring.......Any bike (or rider) that wins by 27 seconds isnt racing in my book....

Racing is moto3 and moto2 last week at assen...And please...don't hit back with the 'only cause it's not rossi'

crap....cause i promise...some oof the best racing is when there are multiples of riders...Hence 4-7th place battle...class.....

CS is a hell of a rider....as is DP and JLo....Dovi....And yes even VR.

I would be over the moon to watch a series where they ALL shared the wins and it came down to the last round or two....Surely deep down we'de al love it..??

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Tough luck

Casey proved he's a racer for not settling for second, but Pedrosa was untouchable on the day. A wise head would have settled for second and taken the leadership board.I think Casey is world class but his stroppy behaviour is his biggest downfall, if the bike isn't working properly he behaves like a brat in the garage. He doesn't want anyone to follow him or be in his way on track, and remember the times he has kicked a leg out towards another rider in his way or the time he punched an innocent Randy De puniet. At least now there are 3 runners for the title at present and just think if he didn't behave so poorly, perhaps the marshals might have offered to give him a push back on the track.... well maybe

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

OK Leemuz

I don't disagree with that - but Motogp is rarely like that or ever has been, maybe 1/5th of the races over a season, the rest are typical of that one. However, it was still pretty aborbing watching the two of them hammering lap after lap.

But that is a different issue from calling Stoner a twat (basically) for trying to work up a position to try a pass on the last corner to win. One minute Motogp is boring and riders are criticised for not attempting to pass, next race, when someone tries, they're criticised for trying.

He knew the risk, the championship position, he had a go, it didn't work. If he had settled for second, there would have been a good number piling onto here in sheer delight, ragging him for 'not being able to race',  'can only lead from the front', 'hasn't the stomach for a fight' etc etc.

There are some who will slag him whatever, just as there are Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Trumpton

or the time he punched an innocent Randy De puniet.

Get things in perspective, RdP was wandering aimlessly and slowly on the racing line and exit of a fast corner. It was stupid and someone of his experience should have known better, it could have been a monumental accident.

Hardly innocent - and hardly a punch either.

And where's your evidence that he's a brat in the garage?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

BULTO

As hard as it is for me to admit it i do think it's a shame CS is retiring....

My ideal motogp world as i've expressed before would be a moto2 format...all honda motors in various frames

Leave the manufactures to battle it out in WSB

Trouble is CS has expressed that this would not be up his street...

Now for whatever reason i do not know...but it's easy for peeps t say he worries about riders been on equal machinery..

which is wierd as he may well still be top of the tree..??

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Moto2 format?

For Motogp

Not sure, it would be just another Moto2 series with bigger engines. I think it should still stay prototype but somehow there has to be control over costs and a huge reduction in electronic controls and CF brakes. None of this stuff is needed on road bikes. Sportsbikes are way too fast for road use as it is, they don't need electronic gizmos to make idiots feel they can ride them even faster and CF brakes will never make it onto road bikes.

Motogp = no electronic aids (which itself would limit the power) steel brakes, no control tyre (but control to prevent overnight specials or tyres for one rider) Going back to 2-strokes would be even better as they can be very efficient with emissions these days with FI. More manufacturers and manufacturers to make available engines to independent teams, as per the 70s.

Never happen but how good could it be?

As for Stoner, I honestly doubt he'd be worried about riders on equal machinery. I genuinely believe he's had it with all the crap that goes with the job. It may have been worth it up to a point but if Motogp is devolving into CRT then I believe him when he says he has no passion for it. They ride the fastest track bikes in the world and they are about to have that taken away from them with some dumned down souped up road bike, if things head the way they look as though Dorna want them to.

He's not interested in records, so I believe him when he says he's had enough

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Nostro....

Yes, apparently after the disaster in Jerez where we saw both Casey and Marco trying to bump start their bikes, Honda made it possible for them to be bumped. I'm not sure if this was by temporarily disabling the slipper clutch or by some other means but by all accounts it should be possible to bump start the Honda.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

To clarify, I obviously meant Jerez 2011.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Bultoboy

I think electronics should stay but only where they are relevant to road & track use for production bikes. No gps, corner by corner mapping its bullshit even for motogp. 

I really dislike tech that is not relevant to real world, it takes all the fun out of it for me. I supose its becasue I ride a sports litre bike and I want all goodies to come to me and as quicy as possible. 

TC anti wheelie, why not it can be transferred to production bikes. I like anything that can make me go faster. Remember you can switch it off if ya do na likey it. 

They should increase both the engine limit and fuel limits to make the engine development less costly. Its craze thinking that having engine limits make it cheaper, its way more expensive developing powerful engines that last. 

Increase the race distance to between half again to twice again and have a fuel stop. Pure fantasy I know but man I would love it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices