Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Casey Stoner makes last lap blunder MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Casey Stoner makes last lap blunder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Casey Stoner makes last lap blunder

Casey Stoner blew a golden chance to seize the outright lead in the MotoGP world championship yesterday when he crashed out of contention for victory at Germany’s Sachsenring track on the final lap. The Australian was bracing himself for a last corner attack on Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa but he lost the front of his factory RC213V machine two corners...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 12:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Stoner looks to be passing the blame

Stoner blames the marshalls, there is only so quickly they can get there. Those bikes aren't heavy, most riders can lift them and remount. If he really wanted to he could have grabbed it and salvaged 11th maybe, as they were about 30 seconds behind. I don't blame him for having a go but he picked a fight with the wrong person on that track, sachsenring is perfect for dani as he can be easy on the tyres and the honda lets him drive out of the corners, which, being light is the strongest point for him.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

It was Caseys version of a Rossi last corner pass at full chat. Only he fell off the corner before... shouldn't laugh.. and really Honda shouldn't let him speak either.. because that was another wreck..

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

The big difference there

is that Rossi is gunning down last-placed James Ellison while Casey is going for the win.  I'm pretty sure Ducati have asked Rossi to STFU with his vicious comments, too.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

I,ll go with

What BENNY HEDGEHOG says below. More disappointed in Crutchlows race myself.

How,s the works Porcupine rsv norton comin on  Ben??

Reply to this Topic
Jimmy13

Nov 09

Jimmy13 says:

Obviously his ambition outweighed his talent

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I missed the race. I'll have to try and download a copy. I did see Casey's lowside on the news, lost the front, looks like that corner has a slight negative camber, and he was going a few kays too fast. Many would have settled for second place, if I had the talent to be there I know I would have, but he thought he could win so he tried to give it a go. This is shaping up to be a great championship. There are still 10 races to go and we haven't seen such a close championship since I can remember. Aside from 2006, I would say perhaps 2000.

To the Rossi fans who have gleefully commented on Casey's crash below, all I can say is, it must be great seeing your demi-god battle for 7th and then be gifted a 6th by the reigning champion. You're welcome cool-aid drinkers.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

...and Stoner

was not gifted positions for Lorenzo's crash. Pedrosa is the one benefitting from both gifts. Heck...the guy is now in the running for the 2012 WC. In the second half of 2010 he showed a very serious run for it. Lets see if he can do it again

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

BB

If only he had shrugged his shoulders, said, "I tried", and walked away without the other comments.

Absolutely. His 'win it or bin it' comment showed he was there to race and (presumably?) we all applaud that.  Comments re-the marshalls on this occassion, are pointless and tedious, yep, even for me! Someone give him a gentle slap...................................................or a decent 'Chinese Burn'.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

From Cycle news:

Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner had a new chassis in Assen and again in Germany, but he wouldn't be using it. "It's in the back of the truck. It won't be coming out again." he said. "It didnt do anything better than the one we've got now, so theres no reason to get it out. Didnt turn better, didn't do anything better, didn't have any less chatter, so we might aswell stay with what we have now."

ouch !! well cant fault HRC for trying...perhaps the new chassis were better for Pedro??

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Finally

Casey admits to a bin it or win it attitude. Shame he cant be honest and admit that was the case at the end of 2010. No better to claim to have found a mystery cure as the reason for the three late season wins.

The truth about Ducati reveiled, engineered backwards since 2008 and no chance of winning unless your stupid enough to risk serious injury.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices