You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Camera mounting

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Camera mounting

Where do you guys mount your cameras and why?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 15:29)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Camera Mount

Just trying to figure that out for myself.  I have a Drift X170 and wanted to mount it to my helmet so that it 'sees' what I see.  However, the elasticated band will not stay on and I not not want the adhesive mount permanently attached to my lid. 

Looks like the camera will have to be mounted to the bike.   

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

camera

have tried a number of posistions but in order to get the riders eye view and for what I used it for (filming idiots missing me by inches...just in case it came to an insurance battle) it needs to be on your head.

I toyed with it on the front mudguard which gives a good view and takes a better video when out on the A roads for a bit of fun. Also on the side of the front fairing however in each position you can't see what is going on around you (even with a 120 degree wide angle).

It totally depends what you use it for. Making videos to replay I would stick it on the bike. As potential evidence I would stick it on your head.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Velcro

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-VELCRO%C2%AE-brand-Heavy-Duty-Stick-On-Strips-Black-50mm-x-100mm-x-2-sets_249036.htm

stick one to the mount and one to your helmet.

I've toyed with screen and helmet but the helmet one seems harder to aim :/

Reply to this Topic
Craighind

Nov 11

Craighind says:

camera mounting

VELCRO works great on helmet or anywhere you use it.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

some people use duck tape or gaffer tape to fix the cam to the helmet. just make sure its not showing your speedo incase you go a bit fast.

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Camera Mount

I have a Contour HD camera and have fitted one ball mount beside the left hand grip for fixing the camera onto these has a good view and privides a stable mount. 

The second mount is on my helmet which provides the best view as you see it. I have found using the new 3M double sided tape-heavy duty it has a special plastic net weave inside which is stronger than normal double sided tape holds my camera mount on my helmet in all weathers and its is still possible to remove the tape without marking your helmet.
Another thing worth trying a suction mount which you can stick onto your fairing, winscreen or even helmet.
Its all down to personnel choice and what you want to see from your camera just experiment.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices