You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Bike to Pillion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

arkwright55

Sep 11

arkwright55 says:

Bike to Pillion

Whats the simplest, cheapest form of bike to pillion communication?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 July 2012 22:51)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
arkwright55

Sep 11

arkwright55 says:

Apart from

SHOUTING!

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

communication

By stopping and then having a chat,as i`ve said many a time the rider needs full concentration with all the pillocks on the road today.

My only communication is a nudge (hold on tight) just before i power up for an overtake.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

British

Sign Language

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

or

Makaton

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

My friend..

has post- its stuck on her husband back,its says things like "i need the loo,I need a drink,slow down you mad bastard"When see needs one of the above, she sticks it to her hand and reaches round so the O/H can read it.Simples.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

BSL!

I'll try to remember that, hands off, sit up, turn around and start signing with BOTH hands?  Sadly, I don't sign very well, and the full face helmet doesn't help with lip reading.

I always find an agreed code works well: e.g. a prod in the kidneys might mean my pillion is hanging on tight and up for it.  A tap on the shoulder means take it easy, drop to speeds where open visor chatting works.

Actually, inexpensive Chinese wireless headsets from Netphone can work really well too.  Search for "2x Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset Intercom" and  you'll find 500 or 1000m range sets for as little as £55 or £88 .  These let each of you use phone, media player, satnav etc or two-way chat for hours on end.  You can also toggle between three users if someone else has a set, so you can do rider to rider and rider to pillion.  For those with a bit more to spend there are better known brands, or search for "unlimited users 2000m" to find the latest Netphone units.

Reply to this Topic
macca59

Apr 10

macca59 says:

Rider to pillion

I myself use rider to pillion comm'. I use bike-mate by Oxford. Once the speaker's are fitted in helmet, not intrusive at all. The control unit fit's in a pocket, powered by it's own battery,( actually does not last very long on own battery) or you can connect it directly to bike battery, Connect the power lead, the two helmet lead's and hey presto chat with your pillion, also has a off switch if you have had enough. Cost, well i got mine forless than £40.

I do also have a Cobra two way radio system when we are bike to bike. Jury still out on this at the moment?????

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices