Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: Cal Crutchlow an asset to any factory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: Cal Crutchlow an asset to any factory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: Cal Crutchlow an asset to any factory

Valentino Rossi’s crew chief Jerry Burgess believes Cal Crutchlow would be a valuable asset to any factory in MotoGP as the British rider contemplates a two-year offer to join Ducati. MCN understands that he must give an answer on his 2013 plans to Ducati management during this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. Crutchlow’s second season in MotoGP has been a drastic...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 July 2012 12:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Could be a good move for Cal...

Going to Ducati next year... I mean after the noises coming from Audi recently why not give it a shot? Who knows.. he could be flying around on a sorted Ducati once Audi wheel Pretzy off a cliff and start chucking some dosh at the project...

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

good luck

cal, i think you will need it, it will be yamahas loss, why they want to keep spies, he as been sh!t this yr, lets hope audi can turn the ducati around.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't.

The guy's got no choice really. He's got to get a works ride, and the only offer he'll get is from Ducrapi. I don't know why Yamaha would pick Spies over Crutchlow; he hasn't had a positive start to the season despite showing some good form last year. Anyway all the best Cal.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Locking Horns..

Yet again Benny, you make it very difficult not to retaliate to such drivel. Can you point out exactly where in the above article Burgess sounds "jaded"? - Rational, yes, jaded no! It would appear your head is so far up Dovi's backside you can't see the wood because of the colon. Get a grip man..

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Crutchlow and Ducati

Cal has a very difficult decision to make. I'm not sure he wouldn't get better results NEXT year on the Tech 3 than the Ducati. With Val the sponsor magnet in tow, Ducati's problem isn't money or a lack of - so what will Audi bring to change their situation? Cal needs to get some knowledge of what their engineering and design structure will look like - is Preziosi gonna get put out on his ass and will Ducati be building a bike to suit the riders and not engineers? Ducati problems (in my opinion) is the person in charge of design (Perziosi) and the way they approach their problems. I can't see Ducati's situation changing much with Perziosi still at the helm. If he worked for any other manufacturer he would have long got the ax. Is his family part of the mafia or does he have pics of the Ducati CEO naked with little boys or something?? How does this guy keep his job?!

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

PR - BS at Yamaha.

(I mean "Ben Spies" honest guv!)

Yamaha must be choosing Spies for their continuing US marketing strategy(?) Which is kinda funny/hypocritical of Spies given his little rant on Twitter recently about not having the "right passport" (re: rookie rule and Marquez). Seems to me his US passport is keeping him nicely in Yamaha's sheets, as it's clearly not his current performance (remaining season pending of course...)

Cal should just go for it at Ducati. I doubt next years' Tech3 Yams are going to be anywhere near as comparable to the factories as this year.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

CBR Yamaha happens to be big in America and they want an American rider on the bike Spies results are improving which is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Better than being on the dole

I think he should do it he may be the fresh blood Ducati need to motivate them. I like Rossi and no one can argue with his success but he is used to having his own way there clearly is a problem with the Ducati an argument between engineer and rider. The other thing is at his age most lads from Coventry are still at home with their mom on the dole (I'm from nuneaton) I'm sure Ducati are going to add a few 000s to his cheque.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

wild stuart

LOL Ben spies mustve been eating his words after his rant about Marquez and the rookie rule, as Bens renewal of contract will be based solely on his "correct" passport too! shipping more bikes in the USA pfff... how gutwrenching it must be for Dovi and Cal who have been pretty stellar so far ....

As for what Audi can bring maybe...... a Le mans Hybrid V4 Desmo ....or a torquey TDi V4!! but seriously, its hard to imagine what a company renowned for All wheel drive cars can bring to Motogp. The Volkswagen/ Audi / Suzuki partnership was severed so fast that they barely had time to even look into the development of any Suzuki bikes....ahh well, heres to throwing more money at the Ducati MOTOGP project!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

With Prezel undoubtedly having his wings clipped, if he's not shown the door, the move for Cal could be perfect timing.

I could'nt agree more. With major funding, a fresh perspective, Ducati may well pull a rabbit out of the hat next season. Cal has to take this opportunity.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices