Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

Cal Crutchlow’s Tech 3 Yamaha boss Herve Poncharal believes the British rider can’t knock back the opportunity to join Ducati’s factory squad in 2013. With the chance of a factory Yamaha ride not materialising, Crutchlow will have to remain in the satellite Tech 3 squad on the same financial terms if he rejects Ducati’s lucrative two-year offer. The 26-year-old has a two-year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 July 2012 12:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

So, if Cal signs for Ducati

Does Nicky get a chance at his seat being vacated at Tech 3. We all know that lil Ginger is a bust of huge proportions, so why not Nicky to Tech 3. If Ducati does not improve drastically by Laguna or in the 2013 test season........... Cal will find out right quick why the Tech 3 bike is way better than the GP12/13.

Nicky on a Yamaha is sure to upset the 2013 apple cart of some riders.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

You can't base it on this years bike

There is massive investment potential at Ducati, particularly with Audi's input and you would have to be a brave man to think that next years bike will not have drastically moved on from GP12. This could be the perfect time to move to this factory - someone like Crutchlow could really benefit from the past 2 very barren years..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well it is a top ride but a madsive gamble too should Cal accept it I take it Nicky will be ousted be great if he was on the Tech 3 machine his results will be much better if he was riding the Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

My thoughts exactly CHR!!!

I think now is the perfect time for Cal to go to Ducati and in my opinion, it's a done deal...

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Probably

... worth bearing in mind that next year will see a bit of a larger division between the factory and Tech3 Yams.

By which I mean, this year was the reintroduction of the thous', so initial spec-wise they'll be very similar. Next year will see the evolution, but I doubt Tech3 will have the same calibre machine, mid-season changes are already showing that. Not sure what their contract with Yamaha is, but wouldn't be surprised if they simply retain this year's bikes for 2013.

Tough call, but I'd say go for it. Vale wouldn't be sticking around if things weren't going to get up to scratch. At least you'd probably have an Audi to drive on your days off Cal!

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

Go Cal!Sign for Ducati!This will be the greatest challenge of your life.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Audi are in

and Preziosi is out. The future for Ducati could be brightening. It might just be the right time to go. And if he fails, the bike will take the rap, while if it works he'll become a national hero (in Italy!) And he'll become a rich man in the process. It makes a lot of sense.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Got to go for it mate. Yamaha are knobs for picking Spies over you mate.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

correct CBR11X

Might aswell go for it Cal, This Ducati trip could go very good or very bad for him . Yamaha are bloody fools for picking Spies over Dovi or Cal, seriously either of those two blokes would make a better number 2 to Jorge (if thats what Yamaha want) .

Oh well only time will tell...

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Wait, wait, wait

I like Cal. He's had a fantastic 1st part of the year and I wish him nothing but continued success. But I've read over the last couple of days how Yamaha are fools to choose Spies over him and how he has so much more potential than either Spies or Dovi. Question is - that's based on what? A half a season? What has Cal done so spectacularly? What has he done that neither Dovi nor Spies hasn't done? You can judge it by either both what Spies or Dovi did in their first yr in MotoGP, this point in the 2nd year in MotoGP, or their total career in GPs, total race career on bikes, or whatever. What has Cal done equal or better than either? Seriously, both had more podiums and top 5's than Cal in their first year than Cal has had in 1.5 seasons - but Cal has more potential? Cal is doing well and I hope he continues to shine. Yes, Spies is doing fuck all at the moment and I probably would sign Dovi over Spies - not Cal. But does half a season make a career? Does half a season end a career? Dovi got beat by Colin in 2009 and placed 6th - was he done after that? Did he not have a fantastic year last year and bagged a 3rd in the championship? I also read some one say the other day about he Cal is "young" and should get the seat based on that. Cal is only a year younger than Spies and actually he is a yr older than Dovi. Cal should take the Ducati offer if for nothing else to pad the bank account some because there is no "old racer's retirement fund" or "racer's pension". He needs to look after himself. But he will also have the opportunity to have a factory behind him. I'm not sure if Ducati will come good or not but at least he will have that factory experience.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices