Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

Cal Crutchlow’s Tech 3 Yamaha boss Herve Poncharal believes the British rider can’t knock back the opportunity to join Ducati’s factory squad in 2013. With the chance of a factory Yamaha ride not materialising, Crutchlow will have to remain in the satellite Tech 3 squad on the same financial terms if he rejects Ducati’s lucrative two-year offer. The 26-year-old has a two-year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 July 2012 12:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zzzzz77

Dec 05

zzzzz77 says:

Not Rossi

Cal may do well.  He may not.  The Duc may get better.  It may not.  Problem is Cal does not have the pedigree of a Rossi, nor his cachet, nor his marketability, etc.  If Rossi were not Rossi, based on his performance thus far for Ducati, Rossi may have been in for a quick exit to WSBK, a la Melandri.  Of course, Rossi IS Rossi, and even being a too-ofttimes last prototype rider only guarantees him a fawning Audi CEO and a lucrative renewal offer.  But Cal is not Rossi.  Memories are short (especially for the ADHD moto crowd, no more than race-to-race), and if Cal winds up pulling a Melandri on the Duc resultswise, unlike Rossi, Cal may find himself fighting against Melandri on the track. 

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

I just hope which ever choice Cal makes it turns out to be good and he gets good results. For me it's about seeing a UK rider performing well in MotoGP and getting good results, I don't care what bike he's on.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

cash

If Cal takes the Ducati ride, I hope the money's good because he'll need it, he's not a proven MotoGP rider, he's never got to the podium. He's potentially still our best hope and rider, but he doesn't have development skills, Audi make cars, and that factory Ducati seat has ended up screwing every good rider that's been on it, apart from Casey and sadly Cal will not reach Casey's standard on that Ducati. He needs to go onto the factory Yamaha. 

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Lorenzo doesn't want a team mate who is capable of beating him.

No #1 rider does (despite what he may say to the contrary) so I think he's quite happy with the way Ben's season is going and is looking forward to working with him next season. Yamaha won't give the satellite teams a factory spec bike so it looks like Cal's only opportunity of full factory backing is with Ducati. I say go for it as a career in MotoGP is a risky business and he needs to make some money while he is still fit and going well. There are plenty of young riders coming up who will be competing for factory rides in a year or two. Cal could be old news by then...

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Nostro

Preziosi out:

http://motograndprix.motorionline.com/2012/07/09/motogp-cal-crutchlow-sto-valutando-seriamente-lofferta-della-ducati/

Interesting read - seems that they have a good view of whats transpiring, wait to see if it comes true or is just giornalist bullshit

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Add to this...

VR commitment to remain another 2 years - the secind man in the newly funded (and directed?) team has the potential to quickly become the no1 topdog

Reply to this Topic
Kragus35

Jul 12

Kragus35 says:

why not

Go for it Cal, its worth a shot, i just cant wait to buy a dicast with your numbers on, i know there will never be a tech 3 one with you on it.The worst that can happen is you bomb for 2 years and go back on a satalite bike, but we all know your a fighter, so i know your fans will support you whatever bike you are on.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Yam

and the last time BS beat JL was?
There is a magnitutde of difference between the two - there is no shame in that, JL is simply one of the two best riders in the world (in thier sphere of Motorcycle racing)

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

On his day elbowz??

Problem with that Young elbowz, is that his day is like a leap year, it only ever happens once in every 1461 days.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Err Nicky Haden ?????

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle