Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

Cal Crutchlow’s Tech 3 Yamaha boss Herve Poncharal believes the British rider can’t knock back the opportunity to join Ducati’s factory squad in 2013. With the chance of a factory Yamaha ride not materialising, Crutchlow will have to remain in the satellite Tech 3 squad on the same financial terms if he rejects Ducati’s lucrative two-year offer. The 26-year-old has a two-year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 July 2012 12:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wosi foggy body

the bike make didnt even get a mention? i was meaning i dont bang on about italians like most on here, leave ur grandad out of this. mine had a wife dickbreath!!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

vmax

Excellent point about the first year of the litre bikes and tech3 getting good spec this year dropping off next. Hadn't thought of that at all or the relatively great performances by Dovi and Cal to the factory bikes.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

vmax

agreed, the 800's spec where miles appart as far as engine performance was concerned, this year the power in the "standard" sat bike had been much closer so yes it has helped, ducati may not seem like a good move but he has more option in a factory team,i still feel spies has slimmed getting his ride for next year tho,honda switch maybe but yamaha have given him now 3 years in moto gp,i think dovi out the 2 is the better bet,but he is not american so guess that must be it.or jorge had a an issue?,

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Park Life my friends.

For all the anti-Cal brigade: When you are sat down looking at a contract offering you millions of pounds to ride a deserved factory bike (with Honda and Yammy out of the equation) you have spent your entire career chasing - tell me you wouldn't take it you fucking cabbages? Go on Cal.  Stick it to em in Spades my man.

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

Honey Badger

Great quote on Euro Sport qualifying

"Cal Crutchlow also known as the Honey Badger"

"Yeah by about 3 people"

LOL

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Dawg

What did Dovi do on the Honda? He beat everyone except Casey and Jorge in the title LAST YEAR. Surely you didn't miss the whole 2011 season did you?

No i didn't miss it bud. Nor did i see Dovi push the boundaries. He was that good on a factory bike yet Honda let him go for some reason? Equally, this season i'm yet to see Dovi push the boundaries. He's prospered due to Ben and Cal's misfortune imo. As 'CHR' states, had lady luck swung the other way where would Dovi be? What does Dovi do to make you think he'd be a better bet than Cal apart from 'being steady'? I'm curious. 

Dovi is a solid rider and better than i'd ever hope to be. But 'potential'? Hmmmmmm.....................

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Careful Pacey

You'll have Reverend BennyHH 'round to perform an exorcism on you with talk like that.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Father Ted

Have Crutchlow or Spies ever finished ahead of the younger Dovi in the championship? Youth equals potential.

'Youth equals potential'.......................2011 factory seat. 2012 satellite seat?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

2 things Pacey

First, I still don't see where you say what Cal has ACTUALLY DONE for you or anyone to say he has more potential than either Dovi or Spies. Where is that in any of your post? Has he achieved anything that they haven't or an accomplishment even equal to either of them or did something, anything at a faster rate?? Fact of the matter is, he hasn't done anything significant. I find if funny how you guys (maybe not you) said Spies was overrated his rookie year when he actually had 9 top 5's his rookie year (Dovi had like 7 or 8 his rookie year) yet Cal only has 5 or 6 top 5's in 1.5 years (with no podiums) and yet he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and the 2nd coming of Jesus on 2 wheels. Perception is a funny thing isn't it? I'm not knocking Cal as I actually like him (yeah he can't keep his mouth shut but we can do with a rider with some personality) and wish him all the luck. Hopefully Ducati will have a bike that he can show what he can do. Secondly, if you are gonna bring up why Dovi isn't at Honda, you should at least have you facts in order. The reason he's not at Honda is because they sign Casey - they wanted to get rid of him prior to last year. But he had an iron clad contract that stated if he finished at a certain point in the championship he was guaranteed a ride. So his performance actually secured his ride last year - his performance had nothing to do with him being released for this year. He knew going into last year it was his last year with Honda because they only wanted 2 factory riders in the Repsol team. ANY factory team or any team on the grid for that matter would drop Cal, Spies, Dovi, and just about everyone else this side of Jorge to have Casey. Don't deny that. I don't think some realize that Dovi isn't some old man. He's actually a year younger than Cal and has a ton of GP experience. I don't think he will ever be a MotoGP champion but he's not washed up either.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Dawg

He's actually a year younger than Cal and has a ton of GP experience.

The 'age gap' (minor) you mention here is pointless. Cal is halfway into his 2nd season of GP's. He's regularly faster than his team-mate who has 'a ton of GP experience'. Cal, current Rookie of the Year, has made many errors when racing his 'team-mate with a ton of GP experience'. Dovi has profited from the errors of his current 'Rookie of the Year team-mate in only his second season'. One day the errors will stop. Where will Dovi 'who has a ton of GP experience' be then? How many errors did he profit from last season? Many. Dovi is steady. That's what Dovi does.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices