Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati deal hard to refuse, says Cal Crutchlow’s boss

Cal Crutchlow’s Tech 3 Yamaha boss Herve Poncharal believes the British rider can’t knock back the opportunity to join Ducati’s factory squad in 2013. With the chance of a factory Yamaha ride not materialising, Crutchlow will have to remain in the satellite Tech 3 squad on the same financial terms if he rejects Ducati’s lucrative two-year offer. The 26-year-old has a two-year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 July 2012 12:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Cal almst has to take the Ducati deal

I mean its a great thing for him potentially. Its not about whether Dovi is better than him. Its about whether or not Cal is good enough to have a go on the ducati and the answer is yes he is easily good enough to have a go. If the ducati is as bad as I feel it is then I don't know whether he will do any better than Rossi and Nicky. I mean he might do a little better, it may suit him, but it isn't a winning bike by a long way. The best thing is Audi might take a big broom through ducati and get rid of all the old losing out dated ethos of ducati. If they do Cal will be there to take full advantage of it unless ducati sell him out for someone they perceive as faster. So the worst case scenario he gets paid big bucks and waits to see if ducati/Audi can make it happen. I suppose there is the downside of missing a factory ride at Yamaha but I think the old, a bird in the hand applies in this case. I honestly doubt he would be considered for a factory yamaha seat. Right now Dovi is performing better and spies has his passport. Best of luck Cal.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Really Hayden shoild dump the Ducati they are just playing him about.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

GYTR

In what way are ducati playing Cal around?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ducati playing Cal around by offering him more money to ride their bike.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Looks like

The Ducati is his best option. Maybe he can make it work.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Perhaps Ducati will sweeten the Deal Reverend

with a hair cut and a shave over and above the new red polo?

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Nickys Getting Robbed

Nicky is getting robbed, but thats the buisness.. hopefully he ends up on a decent ride.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Benny

10 out of 10 for your joke there

but lets get real here Lin and Herve would have him back in a heart beat, he is there best rider after all

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Great move Cal, Ducati will move forward now that Audi are there and Presiozi is off the project. Could be the perfect time to move and big money to boot.. where's the dotted line.??. Nicky is not getting robbed, he's had a great career out of motogp. despite the odds being against it he's spent his entire career on factory kit and managed to wangle a title for all his hard work... Well done Nicky good luck in your next life, who knows may kick some ass in WSBK??

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Cal did badly on the satellite M1 800 in it's last season, he's doing better now as it's the thous first season and the closest it will ever be to factory spec. It will be all downhill for Tech3 after this season and Bradley Smith should have known that and moved up this season when Herve wanted him to. As for Cal on the Ducati, if Rossi is staying then Cal will definately be a #2 rider with a contract to match, if Rossi moves then Cal should snatch Ducati's hand off as it will be faster than the Tech3 Yam next season purely due to developement of a new machine by Ducati and next to no new parts for Tech3 from Yamaha. So Cal is pondering a move to a #2 Ducati, which would be closer to Rossi's bike than the Tech3 bikes will be to the factory Yams, but could be behind the Tech 3 bikes or a #1 Ducati if Rossi moves. decisions decisions.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices