Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

didleslie

Sep 06

didleslie says:

Mis - sold policy

Looking for some advice.

I recently renewed my insurance through swinton, as i had a trip to France planed asked to extend my recovery to cover europe as well as double checking that my insurance is good for both me and my pillion. While on the phone i asked the question 'if i have an accident both me and bike will be brought home' to be told by the sales person 'yes'.

Unfortuanatly i did have a spill and both me and my partner suffered a broken leg. On calling the insurance i am told i only have third party so am not covered to be brought back and was told by the recovery that i am not covered for accidents.

Once back i called swinton and be told that my breakdown should have brought us and the bike home, but the breakdown are disputing this, even though they were at one point saying they would bring the bike back.

At the moment i think no one is going to help as they are just giving the run around. But with the bike sitting in a garage in france possably running up costs i am not sure who to go to for help.

Any advice is very welcome. Thanks.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 July 2012 17:01)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Recovery policy

The answer to this is simple - litigation.  Gather all your documentation together.  Check them to be absolutely sure you are right - don't make assumptions based on phone calls, check your documents!  You documents should detail the extent and limits of your cover.  Make notes of who you spoke to, when and what was said and then instruct a lawyer. 

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

FOI

Freedom of Information Act also allows you to obtain a copy of the phone call if it was recorded but it is down to you to check you have the cover you require.

you need to write to the Ins.Co. to ensure you have a record of any responses,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices