Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/You answer: How do I stop my wife riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/You answer: How do I stop my wife riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

You ask/You answer: How do I stop my wife riding?

My wife has been riding pillion with me for years but now she wants to learn to ride. I really don't want her to do it - she's a bloody awful driver and has dreadful hand-eye coordination. I'm actually quite scared for her. I don't want to put my foot down say she can't do it, but what choice do...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 July 2012 13:55)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

If she spends some time on 2wheels she may become alot more observant and spatially aware.

I know my missus' driving improved 10f old once she had been out on 2 wheels.

Oh and dude.... no pics of the missus?

I am disappoint!

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Are you...

scared that she might be faster than you?!!!!

Reply to this Topic
jaywebb1990

Jul 12

jaywebb1990 says:

you dont

let her ride the training you get is fantastic and most of the people i know that aren't very good drivers make better riers cus they have nothing to distrct them from it like a radio or a mirror to put lippy on with

Reply to this Topic
stakker916

Nov 05

stakker916 says:

hard treatment

Let her pass her test, get here on a track dry straight away. if she crashes she will give it up. if she doesn't you will see just how good she is and let the little lady have her freedom !!! think how many lads rebelled against their parents because they wanted a bike. I wish my wife would learn to ride. Built her a bike put her name on it and every thing all for nort !!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Your fault

You let her out of the kitchen ;-))

Reply to this Topic
nigelcollinson

Aug 11

Sexism disguised?

Let her ride. We are all vulnerable on the roads, but the rewards of riding a motorcycle provide some of our most memorable moments in life.

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Best thing to do -

The way I see is let her go through her training. If she is that bad her instructor (providing you get a good one) will be able to make sure she's safe on the road, or perhaps she'll realise how that her coordination is a bit of a hinderance and decide against. Better to let her do it and make sure she does it properly than say no and have her do it anyway to prove a point to you and herself. With the help and guidance of an experienced rider like yourself you can help make her a safe rider, or even better get her on an IAM "skills for life" course for £140 quid when she's on the road!

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Let her ride!

Beats having a pillion... ...just remember to get some decent life cover first!

Reply to this Topic
micepunk

Jun 12

micepunk says:

beat me to it preunit

so i would recomend busting a couple of her fingers the day before her test, thatl teach her

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Buy her a...

...Chinese bike.

It'll be broken in no time so she won't be able to ride it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices