Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Who was the most exciting GP rider to watch? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Who was the most exciting GP rider to watch?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Who was the most exciting GP rider to watch?

1993 world champion Kevin Schwantz is editing MCN this week – out on Wednesday July 18 – and his presence sparked a discussion about why he remains so popular despite 'only' winning one world championship. The best answer we came up with was his off-track charisma and fantastically exciting riding style. But who are his rivals in the excitement stakes? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 July 2012 14:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Wosideg

is a princess like his idol Rossi. At least Rossi has Uccio...you...

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

Why was Wayne Rainey not included into this list ?

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Surprise, surprise, surprise

MCN throws out the burley and the usual pond-scum come up for a feed and chunder.

Of that list who is the most exciting MotoGP rider still going around?  Casey Stoner without a doubt.

Who was the most exciting overall?  Valentino Rossi without a doubt.

Which rider gave the most bang per buck?  That's a hard one .....

Schwantz used to take crazy risks on screwed tyres (and without all the electronic safety nets), and was one of the main reasons I started watching the 500cc races.  His last lap battles with Rainey, Lawson, Doohan, Gardner, etc. were always edge of your seat stuff.

Doohan was ruthless, but once he got to the top he was very hard to knock off which wasn't exciting per se.

Troy Bayliss handed the entire MotoGP field their arse when he made his last guest ride.  But that was a once-off.

Marco certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons, but whether you think that is exciting in the right way is a matter of opinion.  Unfortunately he died just when his potential was being turned into results.

But mainly this is a poll to see who the biggest dickhead on MCN is. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Easy!

The bloke in my avatar, very similar to Stoner in many ways. Two of the greatest for sure.

The rest are mostly a bunch of poofs, although watching Florence tussle against godlike Hector and the CRT's is right up there. Hehe...

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

UNBALANCE

This poll is unbalance. why they didn't put agostini name in it????? it's obvious they want one rider to be voted!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah Wosi such a soft little poof

My digust at the riding antics of Simoncelli go back to his 250 days with piss poor judgement moves on the likes of Aoyama and Bautista multiple times.  His MotoGP time only served to reinforce my opinion of the man. Race Direcion didn't think much of his Pedrosa stunt did they?

Respect for the dead? Why? They're not alive, conscious, or floating around on some cloud looking down going 'oh that hurt'. I'll call it as it was thank you, not take the opposite position just because he was a mate of Valentino's and seen (falsely, unless big bike mediocrity was your criteria) as some heir apparent for the fallen sun god. The records shows MS was no JL, CS or DP.

Look at the Oompa Loompa's lined up behind you. Ha ha ha. Tragic little sheep like figures.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

I agree dead people are dead and that's it but you're a proper cunt! I believe Marco woulh have been winning this year but sadly we'll never know.

Stoner's ok to watch but when he's up front the racing's boring (like a time trial) so I can't vote for him, the sooner he's gone the better.

Simoncelli, Schwantz, McCoy, Abe and Rossi have all been part of many meorable races for me. Not counting Redding til he's in the GP but you know he'll be putting up a fight.

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

so we all agree nostro is a cunt

And old man bob calling him florance dosent make it ok for you to bum him,he is still a man no matter how hard you try to imagine he isent.

get over Rossi you are to old for him move on

Stoner is gona be home alot more after this season ends maybe you could sneek into his house and have ago with him,hey you could call him Sacey to make you feel beter

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Nostro you are a cunt

The thing is nostro is that you are a also a major fuckwit. 

The general fucking around here is just that fucking around, harsh language, really extremely harsh language, humorously bandied between guys that disagree about absolutely everything and anything while all universally agreeing that motorcycles and motorcycle racing are the shit. 

The thing about you Nostro is you are a woman and that at no point can you understand/feel the fraternity of bike riders. 

Lord. How can you ride bikes and take that attitude to death while riding. 

Oh yeah where is a link to the spider frame you ducati tosser.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

But mainly this is a poll to see who the biggest dickhead on MCN is.

Most sensible quote on the whole page.

Never ceases to amaze me how badly behaved "grown ups" can act. I know of five year olds with better manners and decorum then what is regularly displayed on this public forum.  A fine example being set to anyone of impressionable age reading this, well done!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices