Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

swen

Aug 08

swen says:

Triumph tt

Good day.
I need some help.
My new Triumph (2002,19000m) started to behave strangely. One morning all indicators including dash light dissapeared. Horn is not working too. At the same time both trip meters and clock resets itself after I switch off ignition. Otherwise everything is ok, other dash lights are working, odometer is functioning ok. No MIL light.
Any ideas?
I have read that when you switch ignition off ECM holds the main power relay on so it can carry out the power down procedures like writing data to ECM memory.
I haven't worked on a bike yet, but what do you think?
Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 July 2012 19:51)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

TT600

A duff battery has been known to cause wierd symptoms on many bikes and it could be something as simple as this.  Get hold of a multi-meter and test both the battery and your charging system. 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Not familiar with your bike

but I agree with MM - check your battery first (depending on its age / use it may be worth buying a new battery). Don't know if your machine has it (my Fazer does) but check the back-up fuse if you have one.

Reply to this Topic
swen

Aug 08

swen says:

-

Hi again. Thanks for replies.
Checked battery: ignition off-12.49, ignition on,lights off-12.21, bike idling,lights off-13.70
So battery looks ok I think.
Also checked workshop manual today and find out that one fuse is in charge of horn, indicators, stop lights, instrument memory and diagnostics. But I haven't checked the fuses yet. Also I think stop light is working ok, will verify that. Could that be the culprit?
Thanks!

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

blown fuse

Sounds very likely a fuse has gone... A while back, I had a Ducati 900ss, and while out for a spin with a mate, my tacho just stopped working... when I pulled over, I found I had no indicators or headlight either. A quick check, and replace a blown fuse all was well for a while, when the same thing happened again...  fitted another fuse, and carried on...... when it went again, I couldn't be arsed stopping, so told my mate I better be home before dark. Anyway, got home and pulled up outside the garage, had a quick look around the bike, and noticed something dangling over the front wheel. The guts of the flasher relay had fallen out of the plastic case, and were shorting out on the braided brake hoses, and popping the fuse. Shoved it back in, zip tied t back together, hey presto, problem solved   :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
swen

Aug 08

swen says:

-

Sorted!
Fuse was blown. Wire at indicator connector came off and caused fuse to blow.
Happy. Thanks for help

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

fuse gone

Good man.  And you found the cause, too.   :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale