Skip to content

Discuss This New Suzuki Inazuma 250 details confirmed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Suzuki Inazuma 250 details confirmed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Suzuki Inazuma 250 details confirmed

Suzuki’s new 250 commuter, the twin-cylinder Inazuma will go on sale from September priced a competitive £3499 OTR and capable of 85mpg, it has been confirmed. The all-new, liquid-cooled roadster, which is to be built in China, and will rival Honda’s CBR250R and Kawasaki’s 250R Ninja, has been expected for many months, but now details about price or performance from the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 July 2012 12:06)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dansidi

Nov 04

dansidi says:

No competition

How is this bike a rival for the Honda CBR250R and Kawasaki 250R Ninja ? Both of those bikes are sports bikes and this Suzuki is a commuter model. The only other rival I can think of would have been the Yamaha YBR250 which is no longer available. Suzuki have stumbled upon a gap in the market and I hope they succeed. We need more choice in the 250cc - 400cc market. Bring back the Honda CB400/four, that's what I say! I can dream...

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Looks like it was designed in 1998. 85mpg is impressive though and at least its a motorcycle and not a scooter. But other then the Indian market, I dont see these selling much in north america at least.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Not a sports bike

" ...... Honda CBR250R and Kawasaki 250R Ninja ? Both of those bikes are sports bikes.....

No, they are not, have owned them both and they are way too heavy for a sports bike.

An Aprilia RS 125 is a sportbike. It weight less and had more power the both of them

Also better looks

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

economy

When is a bike manafacture going to bring out a turbo diesel commonrail fuel injected engined bike? surely the techoniligy is their .it might be slightly heavy but if you want ecomomy and performance this is the way to go

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Oh, Suzuki-san, you so craaaazy

Rolling out a new bike into a dying section of the market just before license changes that will put the final nail in its coffin.

Since Yamaha gave up trying to shift the YBR250, the only remaining competition for a 250 naked is a handful of Chinese joke brand trinkets for half the price, or the Hyosung GT250 which can be had for a few hundred £££ less.

85mpg?  Whoopee, the NC700S claims better than that, and will likely get it when ridden at the same speed, while having close to double the power and buckets more torque available when you want it.  Heck, I can eke 80mpg out of a 16 year old GPz305 with 40% more power - and that cost me less than the turn-the-key depreciation on this bike.

It's not an innovative bike, it's not a cheap bike (to buy, it'll damn sure be built to a Chinese budget), it'll lose value sharply when the 35kW license comes in, parts availability will be a lottery... what is Suzuki thinking?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Running outta ideas.......

Trouble is,ALL bike manufacturer's are struggling,for every new  Blade,Gs 1200 Adventure,or Panigale 1200,there'll be three new bikes in a showroom with less then 2000 miles on the clocks,waiting for its second owner. As soon as you sign on the dotted line you've lost hundreds,and these new Suzuki's although frugal,at 85mpg,i just can't see people throwing away £3,500 on them(except maybe the occasional bike rider,vicar,or someone so naive as to be taken in by the sales clap trap) when you can buy nearly new,bigger,better models,with good mpg,while saving money?:blink:

Try today,sell tomorrow and lose money.......That's why bike values are worth tuppence today.No-one holds onto anything long enough nowadays, because of fashion, come and go trends.:upset:
Like the Yam YBR 250 and other non de script models before,this bike will probably be relegated to India,and such likely places and be forgotten.:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Sorry Suzuki

Wrong move, the market needs a 250 bandit not another YBR250 type machine.

Honda and Kawasaki have got it right with their 250s, but a new bandit 250 would be the best way to grab a share of the market.

A 250 version of the Japan home-market gladius 400 V-twin would make better sense so would the Japan home-market ST250E single.

On a good note, I do like the name of the Inazuma and with a good exhaust on it, losing the naff radiator cowlings plus adding a bellypan could make the bike look quite neat, but it aint gonna happen is it?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I got a feeling..........

My Suzuki GSX250 ET of 1981 had 29bhp and returned about 70mpg and cost @£900. Hmmmmm, how times have changed..... I think that Petrol was about 2p a gallon or was that a pint of beer?

Reply to this Topic
morinipete

Nov 05

morinipete says:

It's not or us

This is a bike for the Indian market, where its less than 1,500 pounds. Its not the wrong bike. Quite the contrary, it's what's saving the Japanese industry (they sell 100,000s of these types of bike a year in India). I've got to admit it's not the best on offer of hte type, but the bikes coming out of India (or targetted at the Indian market) are getting pretty damn good. 350s will be coming out from mst manufcturere in the next few months. They all have two fundamental problems though.

1. They follow the Japanese formula of incredible revs combined with bugger all bottom end (an old RS250 Honda sigle from the early 80s would kill any of the current 250s). Pretty stupid for what is essentally an urban bike, but everyone is obsessed here with MotoGP, etc 

2. There is also an obsession with fuel efficiency in all South Asian markets. If it wont go to the moon and back on a pint of fuel people won't buy them. Purchase cost isn't such an issue, its all about runnnng costs. 

As some one below says the problem with hts bike wil be that it is seen as a gas guzzler.  

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Asian Market

@ RogerborgSuzuki does not *need* to sell a single Suzuki Inazuma 250 in Europe, and it costs them almost nothing in R&D to bring the bike to the CE. Due to the tax laws in most South Asian countries, 250 class bikes are big sellers there, and that is the primary market of the Inazuma. Europe and the US are no longer the most important markets for motorcycles (other than high-end, low volume models) – the Inazuma may not even be imported to the US. (Suzuki would be wise to add a fairing for the US, since “naked” standards do not sell well here.) The £3,500 price does seem steep, as the CBR250R, Ninja 250, and Tu250X all sell for $4,000-$4,500 in the US.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices